Return to Baseball Leftovers

Juan Pierre - 2 missed starts?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Juan Pierre - 2 missed starts?

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:41 pm

Anyone heard anything about Pierre - second night in a row he isn't starting for FLA? Last night he did get a PR stolen base, though.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Juan Pierre - 2 missed starts?

Postby wavetide007 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:38 pm

Rance Mulliniks wrote:Anyone heard anything about Pierre - second night in a row he isn't starting for FLA? Last night he did get a PR stolen base, though.

he and mike lowell are now bench players they only come out in pinch hit and pinch run situations
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:40 pm

It takes a while to recover from the embarassment of being gunned at second by Mike Piazza :-D
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:28 am

wavetide007 wrote:
he and mike lowell are now bench players they only come out in pinch hit and pinch run situations

Whaaaa?

And here I just picked him off the ww.. I thought I was getting the steal of the century. I guess it turns out the other manager knew more than I did... :-/

:-P
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Postby thehat » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:32 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
wavetide007 wrote:

Whaaaa?

And here I just picked him off the ww.. I thought I was getting the steal of the century. I guess it turns out the other manager knew more than I did... :-/

Um, he wasn't being serious. Wave...you have to remember to insert that sarcasm font!
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:51 am

So no one has an actual answer? :-[
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Jugemc » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:27 am

with lowell and JP's recent struggles they are the first targets to get Easley who has been hot in the game. I think jack is rotating a bit trying to figure out what works for now. Hes not hurt, and he'll be back in the starting line up soon enough dont worry. Unless of course Easley never stops :)
Jugemc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rlee » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:21 am

How much use to a team is Pierre when he's batting .233 and not stealing bases? I've got him on one team and he is firmly entrenched on the bench ... has ZERO trade value. Lowell, much the same. :-t
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -3)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:08 am

rlee wrote:How much use to a team is Pierre when he's batting .233 and not stealing bases? I've got him on one team and he is firmly entrenched on the bench ... has ZERO trade value. Lowell, much the same. :-t

Who's hitting .233?? Pierre is hitting .260 for the season, and .278 over the last week. In his last 4 games, he has three stolen bases. The best is yet to come -- Pierre tends to hit at least 30 points higher in the second half of the season.

I'd say he still has some value.
Rance Mulliniks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:26 am

thehat wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:
wavetide007 wrote:

Whaaaa?

Um, he wasn't being serious. Wave...you have to remember to insert that sarcasm font!

:-° ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -167)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers