If yours doesn't work out for you, you might be interested in joining ours. It's more than "sorta sabermetric", it's pretty much all the way sabermetric. Here's the deal:
* 25-man rosters updated daily
* Standings based on Pythag W-L
* Runs scored based on Extrapolated Runs (XR)
* Runs allowed based on actual, with a premium on innings pitched
* $20 fee covers stats and website
* Whatever you spend on payroll goes back to all owners based on league standings
* 25% luxury tax kicks in at $117.50, absolute cap around $160.
* Minimum salary is 25¢, so Carl Pohlad strategies possible.
* Three-round e-Bay style live web auction in mid March.
Take a tour at: http://www.mendozabaseball.com/tour/
Send me an e-mail if you're interested: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
MorpheusQ wrote:I am looking to start one up here in SoCal. Sorta sabermetric with the OBP and SLG instead of AVG
R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Mixed league, standard 23 starters, typical auction rules. Looking for about 12 players. I haven't locked down the minor details, but suffice it to say the rules would be pretty standard.
Total cost would be about $50 with about an 80% payout, staggered so it wouldn't be one winner take all.