Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mantei needs MRI on his throwing shoulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mantei needs MRI on his throwing shoulder

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 1:23 am

This is great. Another injury is the last thing I need with Roberts and Beckett already out, Klesko on and off with injuries, Alomar out with a minor injury, and Huff going down tonight too. It's gotten so bad that I am forced to use Konerko in my active lineup, who I'd hoped to leave benched until he de-slumpifies. Now, it looks like Mantei could be going down too. Here is what RotoWorld is reporting:

Matt Mantei - R - Arizona Diamondbacks May 29

Matt Mantei returned to Phoenix today to have an MRI on his throwing shoulder.
''Matt told me it doesn't hurt to throw, but he can't brush his teeth,'' manager Bob Brenly said. ''He can't comb his hair, but he can throw a 98-mph fastball.'' Is that supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing? Mantei owners knew what they were getting into when they drafted the injury-prone closer. If Mantei is forced to the DL, expect Mike Koplove to get the bulk of the save opps.

Does the pain ever end?
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu May 29, 2003 1:30 am

Grab Koplove ...

and I hope you drafted with the thought in mind that both Mantei and Beckett were injury risks already ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby jdh » Thu May 29, 2003 1:39 am

Yeah I was aware that they both were injury risks, but I managed to get Beckett off the waiver wire, (He was never drafted by anyone for some reason) and Mantei was a late round pick. I also got Kim because I thought he'd be good backup in case Mantei went down, but that apparently won't happen.

The problem is that right now I have so many injuries that I can barely fill my lineup each day, so I can't add anyone until when and if Mantei goes on the DL. I vultured Donnelly off the waiver wire when Percival went down before the Percival owner could get him, so I have a feeling that he will get me back if Mantei goes down by snatching Koplove before I can make a roster move.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers