Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What can I do to get better?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What can I do to get better?

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 26, 2005 12:19 pm

Here's my info -

8 team, 6x6 roto scoring (Batting - AVG, R, RBI, HR, K, SB; Pitching - W, L, S, ERA, K, WHIP), daily lineup changes, non-keeper league (1250 inning limit)

C - Inge
1B - Teixeira
2B - Barmes (2B, SS)
SS - Young
3B - Huff (1B, 3B, OF)
OF - Beltran, Cabrera, Pods
UT - Thome
Bench - Lowell
Bench - Berkman
Bench - Wilkerson (OF, 1B)
Bench - V. Martinez
Bench - Utley (1B, 2B)
Bench - Nixon
SP - RJ
SP - Sheets (DL)
SP - Ol. Perez
SP - Bonderman
SP - Arroyo
SP - W. Miller
SP - Radke
SP - Bedard
RP - Nathan
RP - B. Wagner
RP - R. Wagner
DL - Harden, Mota

Basically, I feel like I have a pretty good team, I just need guys like VMart, Thome, Young, Lowell, Huff, Beltran, and Berkman to get going. I'm in 8th of 8, but once I start getting some HRs and RBIs I can start making up some ground. I feel like I've got good pitching, and am willing to deal some of it for offensive upgrades at any position.

My main question is what areas do I look weak in? Are there specific positions where I should look to improve or specific players I should target?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Emerald8h » Thu May 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Unless your hurting in triples, then trade Inge....you could package him with Thome for a better power hitter, since you could use some more pop, make Thome someone else's problem....Barmes is great at Coors, but he kills you sometimes on the road, try to give utley some playing time when Barmes is not mile high. I dont know if Ryan Wagner is gonna get enough save opportunities, but if you have the space then keep him, your pitching is fine and man i wish i had your outfield
Emerald8h
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RJCarrot » Thu May 26, 2005 12:34 pm

Agreed, if you count K's you need to lose Inge. Look for someone whos doing will in the batting K catagory and try and dump him on him for a better player. Hes a good bat, but he get k'd alot. The other owner might not notice and take him for his bat and you gain ground in 2 spots.
RJCarrot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: In a clock tower w/ a high powered rifle in clear view of David Bell in the batters box.

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu May 26, 2005 12:55 pm

Actually the one category I'm winning is Ks. Inge is really the least of my worries. I see him as being fairly valuable because he's eligible at 3 positions, bats at the top of the order, and hits for a decent average. Plus it means I don't have to start VMart right now.

Also, Barmes starts at home, Utley starts against RHP, and if both are happening on the same day, I make a judgement call. Either Wagner or Nixon will go when Mota comes back, unless I pull off some kind of deal before that.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matthew18 » Thu May 26, 2005 1:37 pm

I actually like your team a lot, and I would be surprised if you don't start to gradually climb in the standings. I agree with everyone in trying to trade an Inge combined with one of your bench guys. You have a lot of valuable guys on your bench, so I would utilize that to upgrade for a better hitter.
matthew18
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Redefine9d » Fri May 27, 2005 12:50 am

Your team looks pretty damn solid to me and when everyone starts coming around, I can see your team contending and being very much a part of it.
Redefine9d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri May 27, 2005 12:55 am

Should I think about trying to deal Thome and a pitcher and trying to land Helton? They're both underachieving at the moment, but who stands to have a better season? I'd really like to land Ichiro, Abreu, or Tejada, but the guy that has those three won't deal with me. I may be in last at the moment but I think my team scares him.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby RockonMavs » Fri May 27, 2005 1:00 am

Yeah I like your team. Unless a steal rolls around I'd stay put. Your boys will come around.
RockonMavs
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wilfredbrinley » Fri May 27, 2005 2:27 pm

I agree with everyone in that you have a solid team... however, I'm not a big believer in Thome... I think I might try to package him with a pitcher like Mota for another power hitter to place in your utility spot... or you might consider trading Sheets ,as alot of people are high on him, straight up for a power hitter.

Either way, I think you need to find someone to stick into your utility spot until some of your players start heating up.

Thanks for helping with mine.
help me please, I'll help with yours:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=315799
wilfredbrinley
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Guru » Fri May 27, 2005 4:50 pm

matthew18 wrote:I actually like your team a lot, and I would be surprised if you don't start to gradually climb in the standings. I agree with everyone in trying to trade an Inge combined with one of your bench guys. You have a lot of valuable guys on your bench, so I would utilize that to upgrade for a better hitter.

I echo this guy. I'd like to help you, but your team looks pretty solid. Mota got hurt, and Thome's off to an awful start.. and Harden, and so on and so forth.

When they all start to hit, you'll climb the standings.
Yeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team