Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trades You Wish You Could Have Back?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby zoozam » Tue May 27, 2003 1:42 pm

ooooh this is a good string -

i've sure made some great trades the last couple of years and this season in particular, but i've made some poor ones as well.

trading luis gonzalez straight up to get macdougal has depleted me of a good sub outfielder and given me the headache of macdougal. the other owner has started lu-go every week.

also, moved a-rod/blalock/garrett for vlad/lowell/jeter. this one has worked well for me so far but i'm sure i'll regret moving a-rod. at least that's the general consensus.

watch out for vlad and magglio in the second half.

wsm
zoozam
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby YankFan51 » Tue May 27, 2003 2:03 pm

god, I hate to type this, Biddle/Brown 4 Garcia/Klesko. Now when I inquire about Brown's availability, I get countered with Pedro.
My hair's turnin' white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue
We've always been here tryin' to sing the truth to you
Guess you could say we've always been red white and blue
"Red White and Blue," Lynyrd Skynyrd
YankFan51
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby HOOTIE » Tue May 27, 2003 10:29 pm

Super GM wrote:I really regret trading away Austin Kearns for Jeff Bagwell! I had plenty of outfielders to chose from. I still have Chipper, Andruw, Sheff, Brian Giles and Kenny Lofton... I can't even remember the last time Bagwell homered or even had a decent game.... :~(

Thats not a bad deal. They both should be around 35 hrs 110 rbis.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 363)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby HOOTIE » Tue May 27, 2003 10:32 pm

icepak wrote:traded Loiza and Durazo for AJ burnett, ack WORST TRADE EVER, I need to slap myself!

Thats not a bad trade. Injuries can happen to anybody, especially pitchers. Loaiza is using smoke and mirrors, and Durazo has never hit lefties or had 500 abs. If AJ is healthy, i take him for those 2 too.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 363)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue May 27, 2003 11:57 pm

Well i dont have any really REALLY bad ones.. i just wish i had my Delgado back! I traded Delgado,Bernie,Klesko for Giambi,Berkman. Berkman has worked out real nice for me so far esp since both Bernie and Klesko got hurt about a week later for him. But Delgado has been a beast that was carrying my team. Since trading for Giambi ive lost my last two weeks in a row.

Another was Ishii for Clement. BADDD Move there for me.

Time will tell.. but maybe JaunGone for G.Anderson will come back and bite me seeing as how Jaun has been killing the ball.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Juhlz » Wed May 28, 2003 2:46 pm

Traded away Luis Gonzales and Javy Lopez for Piazza a couple days before the groin incident. Good news is I filled Luis' spot with Kenny Lofton off the waiver wire.
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu May 29, 2003 4:11 am

OK, here are my three contributions. None are trades per se (two are waiver wire pickups, and one is a trade I DIDN'T make, but I think they fit with the tone here):

(1) Right after the draft, fearing that Woody Williams was too much of an injury risk, I dropped him to pick up Mike Hampton, who had just been put on waiver two days before his spring training injury;

(2) One late Saturday night, I came home rather drunk and saw that John Patterson of the D'Backs was about to be activated. Belieiving all the hype about him in my inebriated state, I dropped Joel Piniero to pick him up;

(3) And finally, I made the wonderful decision several weeks ago to decline a trade offer where I would give up Damian Moss and Mike Williams for Roy Halladay (at the time, I needed Williams for the saves, but I since traded Moss for Jorge Julio. The Halladay owner has since acquired the help in saves that he needed by trading away Mark Mulder for Ugeth Urbina and Cory Lidle!!!).

Oh, and I guess I had better say how I got Mike Williams in the first place (although this was not a boneheaded trade when I made it). About 3 weeks into the season, I traded Jason Giambi, Jorge Posada and Greg Maddux for Mike Piazza, Paul Konerko, Mike Williams, and Roy Oswalt.

Anyone care to rate these in order of boneheadedness?? (Just so you know, I am in first place, and I have had some very good trades and waiver pickups also - these are just the ones that missed the mark)
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers