Postby hwilensk261 » Mon May 09, 2005 3:51 pm

"AND THE LORD SAYS YOU GOTZ TO RISE ABOVE!"

That one kills me!
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Mon May 09, 2005 4:04 pm

Wanna know whats worse than Stuart Scott and Chris Berman put together?

"For the LOVE of elevation!!"

Dumb broad. I actually don't mind the new woman on there, Michelle Bonner. She knows when to keep her mouth shut and doesnt have any stupid catch phrase.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -15)

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Stuart Scott could make the African American Culture proud but instead he acts ignorant...He's a smart guy but dumbs it down for no reason.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Mon May 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Box wrote:Wanna know whats worse than Stuart Scott and Chris Berman put together?

"For the LOVE of elevation!!"

Dumb broad. I actually don't mind the new woman on there, Michelle Bonner. She knows when to keep her mouth shut and doesnt have any stupid catch phrase.

I could not agree more
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby chadlincoln » Mon May 09, 2005 5:03 pm

Bobby Baseball wrote:Who actually likes this guy? I don't want to make this a racial thing but it's obvious that ESPN hired him to appeal the urban audience. The problem is that his references and catch phrases are so corny, oudated and "whack" that he appeals to nobody. He's no different than "Thirst", the miniature Sprite guy in the commercials with LeBron.

White executives come up with these insultingly obvious marketing strategies to attract inner city customers and what we end up with bland, watered down crap like Stuart Scott's act. I'm not even going to get into the whole glass eye thing.....

Ya, I noticed the eye thing a while ago. Now every time I see him I notice it.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -23)

Postby hwilensk261 » Mon May 09, 2005 5:31 pm

Oh I'm pouring the HATORAUDE and i'm as Cool as the other side of the pillow, like ray ray and foisha, and then the lord said you gotz to rise above, i ain't gonna say nothing but that ain't rite, nc in da house!, go heels

Seriously someone needs to throw this guy in a cellar with wild chimpanzees and get rid of him
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bolkonsky » Mon May 09, 2005 5:43 pm

SS somehow pulls off the deadly "dumbing down"/ arrogant a--hole combination.

Stu, you talk about sports for a living, so it's pretty unlikely that you will be a Nobel finalist...get some perspective.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin
bolkonsky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby George_Foreman » Mon May 09, 2005 6:41 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Al Jaffe needs to rip them all a new one and tell them to do the sports news and not the Weekend Update sports news. :-P

gotta love the writing of aaron sorkin. ;-D

As for Scott, well... He used to be hilarious. When I was in elementary school my friend used to pretend to be Rich Eisen and Stuart Scott together because they were hilarious as a team. Now, I agree with you guys. He has gotten so old. Oh and if you "turned away to take a bite of your frosted flakes" , I'll say it again, His act is so OLD!

i couldn't agree more. he and eisen were great together. alas. i find that ESPN has pretty much pulled an MTV. it's gone away from being about reporting sports news and has turned in to sports "entertainment", like made-for-tv movies, game shows, and "original series". they've try to make it a spectacle when all they realy need to do is report the damn news... :-/
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk