Return to Baseball Leftovers

annoying stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

annoying stats

Postby baseball6791 » Sun May 01, 2005 2:30 am

my league uses complete games as a stat in our roto league (i know, i know... its a retarted stat to use since its basically a toss up, but either way) and the marlins game got called on a count of rain i suppose after 5 innings, so technically it went down in the books as an official game... well, since 5 innings was the end of the game, d-train (owned by the guy barely in front of me) got credit for a CG (and i guess the phills pitcher too but i dont know who that was) and it got me kind of annoyed. i was wondering what other people thoughs on this were
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Sun May 01, 2005 2:36 am

one of my leagues counts that too, and i think it shouldn't be a complete game unless its a full game. but on the other side, what about pitchers who pitch 9 or more innings but the game goes into extra innings and they don't finish :-?
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Oat Soda » Sun May 01, 2005 3:14 am

I hear you. A friend of mine who's a baseball fan but a fantasy novice started a league this year that I participated in just because she's a friend. It's roto and one of her cats is IP with a cap on IP. WTF?

There's no money involved so I don't care. Plus it's funny to play with a bunch of women who trade players based on how hot they think they are. :-b The message board of that league is hilarious.
Oat Soda
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LouisC9999 » Sun May 01, 2005 11:42 am

Oat Soda wrote:I hear you. A friend of mine who's a baseball fan but a fantasy novice started a league this year that I participated in just because she's a friend. It's roto and one of her cats is IP with a cap on IP. WTF?

There's no money involved so I don't care. Plus it's funny to play with a bunch of women who trade players based on how hot they think they are. :-b The message board of that league is hilarious.

How about copying and pasting a few? I can use a laugh.
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Punisher » Sun May 01, 2005 11:52 am

Errors, Fielding Percentage or any other fielding stat. I mean I realize if someone is going to do a league with like 30 or 40 stats why they would use it but in a 6x6 league as the 6th category being one of these, i mean come on!!!
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby quietstorm » Sun May 01, 2005 3:09 pm

I'm in a point league that uses CGs, SHOs, and errors. (We also count batting points for pitchers, so I got 6 points from Livan's home run. Yay.)

If Willis hadn't had an unearned run, I'd have lost yesterday. As it is, I won on the basis of a tiebreaker.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Brade » Sun May 01, 2005 5:28 pm

Oat Soda wrote:I hear you. A friend of mine who's a baseball fan but a fantasy novice started a league this year that I participated in just because she's a friend. It's roto and one of her cats is IP with a cap on IP. WTF?

"she" huh? well, that explains that.
Brade
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers