Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jeremy Reed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeremy Reed

Postby RAmst23 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:26 pm

Is Reed starting to heat up? He's avg is up to .235 (Was not very good early on) and he's scoring runs. He hasn't gotten many SBs yet, but he walked twice today and I think he might be coming into a hot streak. Any thoughts??
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:35 pm

He's sitting on my bench. I payed a whopping $4 for him in a keeper league with the intentions of keeping him no matter how well he played this season. Once he starts stealing bases I'll consider putting him in my lineup but I normally don't like playing rooks.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -328)

Postby d18Mike » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:41 pm

I have Reed and I'm disappointed, but patient. He is scoring some runs. I guess that's the silver lining to the cloud.

While I may be patient, I'll be surprised if M's management is.

My guess is that if he doesn't show some improvement on his .306 OBP, and fast, he'll lose his place between Ichiro and Beltre. Randy Winn seem like an obvious candidate to fill that hole.

That real estate is just valuable to be held by someone who isn't producing. No matter how much potential they have. Let him heat up at 6th or 7th in the order.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Return to Baseball Leftovers