Return to Baseball Leftovers

hot streak to career year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

hot streak to career year?

Postby mr kailua » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:16 pm

Do any of these guys have a chance to extend their current hot streaks into a breakout year?

J. lane
B. Clark
S. Hillenbrand
X. Nady
mr kailua
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:22 pm

Maybe Jason Lane, but I wouldn't expect anything significantly higher than .295-25 HR.

It looks like Hillenbrand's doing his hot first half thing yet again after a bit of a break from it in Arizona (he did it a few years in Boston).

Brady Clark's going to get you runs and gets on base fairly well, but he's not really fast enough to be too much of an asset. His pop is above average for a leadoff hitter, though. He's getting old, though, so I wouldn't expect much more of an improvement from his career norms. IMO, this is his last shot to prove himself as a regular and I don't think he'll do it. Isn't Craig Krynzel going to be ready soon?

Xavier Nady has potential, but will he get playing time? He's never shown much in the majors until this year...so we'll see. I'd see an average in the .270s or .280s with 25 HR pop (Petco).

So probably Nady or Lane...Lane does have the bandbox working for him, while Nady's at a park that kills HRs. I'm not too keen on any to be honest, though...they haven't shown enough in their past chances.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby bronxxbomber » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:24 pm

I like lane mostly. hillenbrand will be avg to slightly above at 3b.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -11)

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:25 pm

Lane. ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -710)

Postby iversonxp » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:35 pm

from those 4
shea and lane.
iversonxp
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby baseballnewb » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:16 pm

Clark for sure will put up career numbers this year. He is playing full time and thats all that matters. Now his numbers aren't going to be amazing, he has the plate discipline to hit 300 but I'd assume he'll hit a good bit under that. He has the power to hit 20 HR but again most likely won't reach that total. He has the speed to steal 25 bases if they stay aggressive, but he's not a great base stealer.

I'd project him as a .280 hitter with 15 HR, 20 SB 100+ R's and pedestrian RBI. Pretty similar to Coco Crisp numbers most likely if you want a comparison. (No I don't think crisp will break out to put up better numbers, he never hit for power in the minors and is a bad base stealer).
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby quicksilver8 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:16 pm

I agree with Baseballnewb on this...Clark and Lane, by the very number of at bats they will enjoy this year, should put up career bests. (that doesn't mean Beltran numbers, just decent numbers ;-D )
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers