Return to Baseball Leftovers

X. Naday???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:14 pm

I don't recall anyone in the thread saying he is the future. It was just said that he will take away bats from Burroughs. Then for some reason you seemed to feel it was a mortal insult and make a ridiculous likening of Burroughs to Gwynn and accuse people of being as dumb as the devotees of Jim Jones with your koolaid remark.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:19 pm

well apprently I misread then huh?
;-7

Burroughs job cannot be safe, not by any stretch of the imagination. Once again, he's a singles hitter in a park with enormous gaps. His defense has already cost the Padres a game and his untimely hitting nearly cost them another (11th inning, first and second, no one out and he pops up on a mistake belt-high fastball).

Nady looked fine at thirdbase. This is not only confirmed by comments from Bruce Bochy, but also from my firsthand view at Spring Training. He will be a below-average third baseman fielding wise, but he already has more homeruns this season (3) than Burroughs did last year (2).

The only reason Burroughs could possibly have job security is so Kevin Towers doesn't look foolish for drafting a first-round bust.

Besides all this, Josh Barfield is learning third base so he can supplant Burroughs because secondbase is taken by Loretta, who isn't cooling down anytime soon.

To say Burroughs has job security is flat our wrong. Nady will play at least 20 games at third this season, certainly enough to qualify in any league. And if things continue to digress for Burroughs, I would not be surprised if he were dealt while he still had any trade value.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:21 pm

Yeah you did if you think playing 20 games is taking over for him at the position. And yes, Barfield was moved to that position for that exact reason.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:24 pm

well apparently I misread then huh? ;-7

All I can say is that Burroughs had better watch out at 3b, Nady will be getting a look there if he keeps hitting like this.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:25 pm

apparently I misread then huh ;-7

The way Nady is hitting, I truly believe he will maintain a starting spot when Roberts return. That does not mean he will have centerfield. I think Burroughs run is over. He's a singles hitter in a gap-dominated playing field. Besides all that, Burroughs plays only an average third-base making him very expendable, especially for the bat Nady has. Nady played third in spring training and he makes me reminisce of the days Nevin played at third. If you can get Nady, get him. He may cool off a bit, but he will have good fantasy value this season, especially WHEN he gets that third base qualification.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:27 pm

wr, obviously you are a Burroughs fan...but aren't you ultimately a Padres fan that wants a better lineup? I would personally hope that Nady continues playing well and supplants Burroughs at 3rd.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:28 pm

Oddly enough, I find you making the same statements that he'll get eligibility at third base and even supplying an article quoting Bochy that he will be getting some time at 3b.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Are you arguing just to be arguing?
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:31 pm

slomo007 wrote:wr, obviously you are a Burroughs fan...but aren't you ultimately a Padres fan that wants a better lineup? I would personally hope that Nady continues playing well and supplants Burroughs at 3rd.

sure I do ...
But Putting Nady in place of Burroughs will not make the Padres better. Putting Nady in place of Klesko will.

Seans Job is safe. ;-D
Well he get "days of rest" at 3B sure, and Nady may even be the guy that "rests" him. But he is not going to "replace" him at the position.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:31 pm

You guys sound like my 4 yrs old nephew fighting with my 5yr old neice. When are you going to start slapping each other :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:33 pm

SouthBronxBombers wrote:Oddly enough, I find you making the same statements that he'll get eligibility at third base and even supplying an article quoting Bochy that he will be getting some time at 3b.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Are you arguing just to be arguing?

when did I say that Nady would not rest Burroughs at 3B? when?
I have said from the beginning that he will not be "replacing" him, as a few guys in this thread have suggested.

you my friend are argue just to argue. :-t

give it a fricking break already
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers