Return to General Talk

Betting Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:44 am

iversonxp wrote:how u claim the prize for ontario proline -__-
go back to where i bought it?


Yeah go to any Lotto center, they have them everywhere (most grocery stores and convenience stores). BTW you'll very rarely win bets like that (6 team parlay), I wouldn't make a habit of it.

And that sound is so sweet when you cash in a winning ticket. It's like a victory song they play for you :-D
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9017
(Past Year: -179)
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby iversonxp » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:56 am

i bought 2 tickets today

5$ and 3$. heh didnt think the $3 would win and the $5 would lose. but owell

$5 was with 3 teams. atl stl min. too bad atl blew it.
iversonxp
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 265
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 1 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: toronto

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:37 am

Phatferd wrote:I have always been told that parlays are for suckers.


You could say that but I personally think that teasers are for suckers. They always seem good at the time. Parlays are O.K. but what I like to do is drop the big $$ on some SU games and then play small on parlays. Also, don't go crazy with the parlays. You can count on 1 finger the number of people that have luck with anything like 6 teamers. I would also recommend that if you absolutely love a game, bet it SU instead of tying that game with other game(s) in parlays. If you love a game, ride that game and don't have to put so much faith in other teams in order to win your bet.

I'm also gonna move this to the GT forum.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:17 am

Let me offer one bit of advice. STOP THE PARLAYS. And definitely stop the proline.

I guarantee you that if you take every game from your parlays and placed the money on the individual games you will come out ahead at the end of the year. For instance if you play $30 3-team parlays every week. Place 3 $10 bets on the three games instead. At the end of the year you will be much farther ahead. Avoid parlays, teasers, point buying and all other gimmicks designed to make more money for the sportsbook. Find yourself a good reputable sportsbook and play individual match-ups and the over/under.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19019
(Past Year: -416)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:39 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Let me offer one bit of advice. STOP THE PARLAYS. And definitely stop the proline.

I guarantee you that if you take every game from your parlays and placed the money on the individual games you will come out ahead at the end of the year. For instance if you play $30 3-team parlays every week. Place 3 $10 bets on the three games instead. At the end of the year you will be much farther ahead. Avoid parlays, teasers, point buying and all other gimmicks designed to make more money for the sportsbook. Find yourself a good reputable sportsbook and play individual match-ups and the over/under.


Mookie.......I agree with your analogy to a point. Parlays are O.K. in moderation but if you are depending on them as your main source of betting income, you are in for a bad time. I like to lay the big stuff on single games and then maybe a little bit on some parlays if there are 2 games that I like. 3 team parlays are pretty bad and anything more is a dream.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:42 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Let me offer one bit of advice. STOP THE PARLAYS. And definitely stop the proline.

I guarantee you that if you take every game from your parlays and placed the money on the individual games you will come out ahead at the end of the year. For instance if you play $30 3-team parlays every week. Place 3 $10 bets on the three games instead. At the end of the year you will be much farther ahead. Avoid parlays, teasers, point buying and all other gimmicks designed to make more money for the sportsbook. Find yourself a good reputable sportsbook and play individual match-ups and the over/under.


Mookie.......I agree with your analogy to a point. Parlays are O.K. in moderation but if you are depending on them as your main source of betting income, you are in for a bad time. I like to lay the big stuff on single games and then maybe a little bit on some parlays if there are 2 games that I like. 3 team parlays are pretty bad and anything more is a dream.


It's like buying a lottery ticket. So if you throw a couple of bucks on a parlay every now and then, fine. Just expect to lose the money and consider any winnings to be a bonus. When I bet on sports I expect to win and I am disappointed when I lose. When I buy a lottery ticket I don't expect anything.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19019
(Past Year: -416)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:46 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Let me offer one bit of advice. STOP THE PARLAYS. And definitely stop the proline.

I guarantee you that if you take every game from your parlays and placed the money on the individual games you will come out ahead at the end of the year. For instance if you play $30 3-team parlays every week. Place 3 $10 bets on the three games instead. At the end of the year you will be much farther ahead. Avoid parlays, teasers, point buying and all other gimmicks designed to make more money for the sportsbook. Find yourself a good reputable sportsbook and play individual match-ups and the over/under.


Mookie.......I agree with your analogy to a point. Parlays are O.K. in moderation but if you are depending on them as your main source of betting income, you are in for a bad time. I like to lay the big stuff on single games and then maybe a little bit on some parlays if there are 2 games that I like. 3 team parlays are pretty bad and anything more is a dream.


It's like buying a lottery ticket. So if you throw a couple of bucks on a parlay every now and then, fine. Just expect to lose the money and consider any winnings to be a bonus. When I bet on sports I expect to win and I am disappointed when I lose. When I buy a lottery ticket I don't expect anything.


That's fair and I reiterate that I do not recommend that anyone rely on parlays in sports betting.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:02 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Let me offer one bit of advice. STOP THE PARLAYS. And definitely stop the proline.

I guarantee you that if you take every game from your parlays and placed the money on the individual games you will come out ahead at the end of the year. For instance if you play $30 3-team parlays every week. Place 3 $10 bets on the three games instead. At the end of the year you will be much farther ahead. Avoid parlays, teasers, point buying and all other gimmicks designed to make more money for the sportsbook. Find yourself a good reputable sportsbook and play individual match-ups and the over/under.


Mookie.......I agree with your analogy to a point. Parlays are O.K. in moderation but if you are depending on them as your main source of betting income, you are in for a bad time. I like to lay the big stuff on single games and then maybe a little bit on some parlays if there are 2 games that I like. 3 team parlays are pretty bad and anything more is a dream.


It's like buying a lottery ticket. So if you throw a couple of bucks on a parlay every now and then, fine. Just expect to lose the money and consider any winnings to be a bonus. When I bet on sports I expect to win and I am disappointed when I lose. When I buy a lottery ticket I don't expect anything.


That's fair and I reiterate that I do not recommend that anyone rely on parlays in sports betting.


DISCLAIMER

We don't endorse betting on sports at all. O:-)
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19019
(Past Year: -416)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:15 am

Mookie4ever wrote:DISCLAIMER

We don't endorse betting on sports at all. O:-)


Of course. Good call. ;-D This is for legal betting only. :-o
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:DISCLAIMER

We don't endorse betting on sports at all. O:-)


Good call Mookie... ;-D

I place a lot of sports bets....generally $500-$1,000 a week...And I agree with what the others have said about parlay betting....that is not the way to make any money... :-P ...If you need proof of this go to the Lucky Ladders Forum...that is basically what that game is...a 15 card parlay....look and see how many people last week actually made it thru four teams.... :-o

The way to make money sports betting is on the lines....take line bets and S/U bets....in the long run you will come out a whole lot better.... ;-D

And lastly...always check your sports book to make sure the are reputable...there are a lot out there that are nothing but trouble... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9818
(Past Year: -3266)
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests