Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is Tampa thinking

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PATSOX » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:10 pm

I honeslty think they'd be better off holding the young talent that they have now. Huff, Crawford, and Baldelli are only a couple of years off from being the leaders of that team and are all solid players. For any GOOD veteran player they'd get, they'd most likely have to give up one of their good prospects, which could be worth it but it's pointless to do since they're not playoff caliber in the east and one player won't help that.

i agree. I am not saying they shouldn't have a veteran presence, but it seems like they bring in the wrong veterans all the time and just for the sake of saying "we have a veteran presence". Some team has to be the youngest, why not them. They have the talent. Let them learn together and with the right veterans, build a quality club. Like the twins for instance. They know when to let go of veterans and when to keep them.
PATSOX
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PATSOX » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:12 pm

hybrid wrote:A simple answer to your question is, yes we know our GM is for the most part a moron. They only thing our front office seems capable of is drafting good talent...

The few times I have applauded them is with the Kazmir trade and now signing Crawford.

agreed
PATSOX
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers