Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Crawford a legit top 15 player?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby YeahRight » Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:38 pm

djack909 wrote:I'll say it again. Crawford is an outfielder with middle infielder stats. Just compare him to Furcal and Rollins. Its obvious. So if you want a light hitting outfielder who can steal bases, you can waste a 2nd round pick on Crawford or pick-up Podsednik in the 7th round. Mark my words, in October, you will not see close to the a 5 round difference between them. (By the way, I was able to pick-up Podsednik off the WW in one of my leagues.)

Podsednik and Crawford may have similar stats in the SB department, but Crawford hit a full 40 points higher then Podsednick did last year. Crawford also had 20 more RBIs and 20 more runs. That is why you can get Podsednik in the 7th round.

I'm not sure if im comfortable with Crawford as my first round pick but second round is very reasoanable.
YeahRight
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballnewb » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:25 am

Name a middle infielder with a legit chance at stealing 70 bases with 20 HR....

Pods is more likely to steal 70 and hit 20 HR than crawford this year. I still think crawford is late 1st early 2nd round. He really is a 4.5 tool player and like it or not SB is the rarest offensive commodity.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Conner » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:50 am

TB13 wrote:
curious_george_43545 wrote:I'm not sure why 20 is so unlikely...I guess since Crawford is a pretty much lock for atleast 50 stolen bases people think he must be a small guy

That has nothing to do with it. It's becuase prior to last year there has NEVER been ANY indication that he will develop into a power hitter. Last years totals were the highest at any level.
Again, I have to laugh when the pro-Crawfors crowd touts him as a future35-30 home run hitter, but are just as quick to dismiss Coco Crisp's home run spike.

Dude...I coulda used you in the other Crawford thread...

You're completely right.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers