Return to Baseball Leftovers

Biggest jerks in baseball...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Jivedude » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:01 am

How about Kevin "There's a new sheriff in town" Malone?
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:22 am

moochman wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
moochman wrote:In a vain attempt to wrestle this thread away from YankSox fans I would offer up Robert Fick as a prick. He once dumped a bucket of water over a Tiger beat writer. He frequently berated reporters, including launching into profanity filled personal attacks on a local radio reporter.

Not being too bright, Fick heard about the mile high club and figured he'd join...by smoking pot in the bathrooms during team flights. In addition to sexually harrassing the stewardess. Though no reports of "surprise sex" ever surfaced. :-b

Didn't he also intentionally clothesline a first baseman while trying to dig out a ground ball? I forgot who it was though.

Doesn't ring any bells, but he was pretty crazy when he was with the Tigers.

Yeah I remember that. It was when he was with the Braves I think. And it was obviously intentional.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby wrveres » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:28 am

My Top 5 ;-D

1. Ty Cobb
2. Pete Rose
3. Darryl Strawberry
4. Albert Belle
5. Bobby Bonilla
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:29 am

Did anyone mention David Justice? Buys himself a $20 ho when he has Halle Berry at home. 8-o What a jerk!
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -369)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:18 am

blankman wrote:
looptid wrote:Red Sox Fans that Choose Varitek Hitting A-Rod as The Symbol of the 2004 Season - You have so much to choose from. How about the bloody sock for one? It's actually heroic. Schilling has still yet to fully recover, but was willing to put his body on the line for the championship. Dave Roberts sliding into second? Begining of the comeback. Damon's grand slam? Belhorn's homer? Ortiz's homer? Lowe on the mound? We know you do not like A-Rod, especially after he wound up in New York after the Sox deal fell through, but it doesn't take much courage to hit someone else in the face when you've got metal bars protecting your own.

Amen. They won but the focus is still on the Yankees and their hatred for Alex Rodriguez. Awfully sad that that is the rallying point when there are any number of better options.

I'm pretty sure most Sox fans use that as the symbol of the 2004 season because it was the turning point of the season. That was catalyst for the Sox for the rest of the year. It wasn't really the act of hitting Arod in the face(which was awesome), but more of the after effects of the fight. Plus, as a Yankee fan, don't tell me that fight didn't get you even more pumped about the rivarly.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:35 am

Nomar4prez wrote:
blankman wrote:
looptid wrote:Red Sox Fans that Choose Varitek Hitting A-Rod as The Symbol of the 2004 Season - You have so much to choose from. How about the bloody sock for one? It's actually heroic. Schilling has still yet to fully recover, but was willing to put his body on the line for the championship. Dave Roberts sliding into second? Begining of the comeback. Damon's grand slam? Belhorn's homer? Ortiz's homer? Lowe on the mound? We know you do not like A-Rod, especially after he wound up in New York after the Sox deal fell through, but it doesn't take much courage to hit someone else in the face when you've got metal bars protecting your own.

Amen. They won but the focus is still on the Yankees and their hatred for Alex Rodriguez. Awfully sad that that is the rallying point when there are any number of better options.

I'm pretty sure most Sox fans use that as the symbol of the 2004 season because it was the turning point of the season. That was catalyst for the Sox for the rest of the year. It wasn't really the act of hitting Arod in the face(which was awesome), but more of the after effects of the fight. Plus, as a Yankee fan, don't tell me that fight didn't get you even more pumped about the rivarly.

Any fight between the Yanks-Sox gets me pumped. But I don't need to hear Red Sox fans run around laughing at how A-Rod got cheap-shotted by a clown who had no business being there.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Postby mrider » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:41 am

What about Jose Canseco I stil count him as in baeball and he is a major jackass.
mrider
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby Pacman » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:42 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:
But I don't need to hear Red Sox fans run around laughing at how A-Rod got cheap-shotted by a clown who had no business being there.

I sooooo don't want to get into this discussion, but I have to ask: Who are you talking about there? Varitek? Are you saying, after a HBP, when the pitcher and batter are jawing at each other, it's NOT a catcher's job to get in between the two? If you are saying that, I must respectfully say that you are incorrect.

peace
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -20)

Postby Jivedude » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:27 pm

Pacman wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
But I don't need to hear Red Sox fans run around laughing at how A-Rod got cheap-shotted by a clown who had no business being there.

I sooooo don't want to get into this discussion, but I have to ask: Who are you talking about there? Varitek? Are you saying, after a HBP, when the pitcher and batter are jawing at each other, it's NOT a catcher's job to get in between the two? If you are saying that, I must respectfully say that you are incorrect.

peace

Yeah really. The whole thing should never have happend but A-Rod was all "Hey I'm a yankee now so I guess I better act like a tough guy and start something," instead of just taking his base.
Jivedude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -4)

Postby DaQ » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:41 pm

Albert Pujols....

...during his rookie season

No, that is not a typo.

I went to the Mets-Cards game a few years back and it was raining. Me and a bunch of fans (Mets fans, but nevertheless) waited for the Cards bus to come in so we can get their autographs. Well, Pujols got off, an 8-year old kid asked him for his autograph and as he was signing it, the kid, out of momentum for running to see Pujols, splashed a little water on Pujols pants. Pujols threw down the pen, said he's not signing any autographs and angrily walked into the locker room. :-t

Now I feel Pujols has shapen up and is a little more "professional" than he was as a rookie. :-°

On a sidnote, Fernando Vina was pretty cool and signed my ball (I'm te only one who knew who he was lol) ;-D Also, Mark McGwire came in his own limo. :-?

Oh yeah, and Randy Johnson "Get out of my face!" :-D Did you see the MLB 2005 commercial (I think that's what it was) where Mr. Met imitates RJ with the camera (stiff-arm)?
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers