Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can Ichiro hit .400?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Sat May 07, 2005 6:28 am

i still say that, until he retires, bonds is the best candidate to hit .400 for no other reason than the sheer number of walks he takes.

ichiro will never do it because he has too many ABs. the law of averages is just going against him. :-/
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat May 07, 2005 7:49 am

Conner wrote:I have no idea what anyone said in this thread, besides me.

lol - I love a guy who argues with everybody but doesn't read other people's posts.

Looking at Ichiro's stats after a month is useless. He is a total streak hitter. Last year he hit .429 after the AS break. He will be hot and cold but for his cold streaks he will hit .300 and his hot streaks will be .400+.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby Conner » Sat May 07, 2005 7:58 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
I love a guy

Ha....ha.....ha.

If you want to misquote people, at least do it so that it's funny. You just made yourself look silly, trying to seriously quote me out of context like that.

The fact of the matter is...this thread is from before the season started, and is 4 pages long. Obviously, I have no idea what every single person's opinions were from 5 or 6 weeks ago.....and there's no reason that I should remember them. It's got nothing to do with whether or not I read the posts as the discussion was actually going on. Clearly, I did.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat May 07, 2005 10:18 am

Conner wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
I love a guy

Ha....ha.....ha.

If you want to misquote people, at least do it so that it's funny. You just made yourself look silly, trying to seriously quote me out of context like that.

The fact of the matter is...this thread is from before the season started, and is 4 pages long. Obviously, I have no idea what every single person's opinions were from 5 or 6 weeks ago.....and there's no reason that I should remember them. It's got nothing to do with whether or not I read the posts as the discussion was actually going on. Clearly, I did.

lol. A little mean spirited but I will take it in good humour.

Getting back to the main issue though. It is a little early to be bumping up 6 week old threads to give yourself a pat on the back. Wasn't your prediction what he would hit for the year?

As for making myself look silly, I've been around for longer than 2 1/2 months so most people know to take my ribbing in the good natured spirit that was intended. ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby Conner » Sat May 07, 2005 10:28 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
Conner wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
I love a guy

Ha....ha.....ha.

lol. A little mean spirited but I will take it in good humour.

Getting back to the main issue though. It is a little early to be bumping up 6 week old threads to give yourself a pat on the back. Wasn't your prediction what he would hit for the year?

As for making myself look silly, I've been around for longer than 2 1/2 months so most people know to take my ribbing in the good natured spirit that was intended. ;-D

1) You've been trying to annoy me for a while, now. Adding a smiley or an "lol" at the end of your comment, and labling it "good natured" doesn't make it so. It's passive-aggressive crap, and, coming from a moderator, I find it awfully ironic.

2) There's 6 months in the season....that means 6 updates. Yes...the first one means hardly anything...but, if I wait until the end of the year without making any updates, I'll never remember to do it at all. And updating after the rest of the months, while leaving out the first one, would just be silly.

The funny thing is...I never even considered the fact that my prediction happens to be spot on so far to matter, at all. You're just 1) Defensive, because you dislike me, for whatever reason (please save the denial...it's veery obvious), and I don't happen to be wrong so far (if he was hitting .395, you know damn well that you wouldn't mind somebody bumping this thread for a simple update)...and 2) Just looking for a reason to take a jab at me, specifically.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Sat May 07, 2005 10:34 am

He hit .255 in April last year and still managed to hit .372.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Conner » Sat May 07, 2005 10:39 am

slomo007 wrote:He hit .255 in April last year and still managed to hit .372.

I think we've pretty much concluded that it really doesn't mean anything.

Just an update, folks....just a simple old update. There will be more to come, and those will certainly be more important.
Conner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MikeFromNY » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:01 pm

I'm not sure how everyone here feels about people bringing back old threads...but I really liked this one.

I actually had a bet with one of my friends last season that Ichiro would hit lower than .315. I think he'll do it again this season.
MikeFromNY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby fatnub2339 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:07 pm

I have him down for a nice bounceback year.. .335/18/60/35SB
fatnub2339
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)