Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

3rd time's the charm....I hope

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

3rd time's the charm....I hope

Postby nikku88 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:54 am

Normal cats plus Hits and BBs and Holds and K/BB
12 team league
This is my main money league, so I hope that my team is good enough to win or at least come close. I think it's fairly balanced.
Any suggestions to improve?
Thanks.

C - Kendall
1B - Helton
2B - Castillo
3B - Wright
SS - Matsui
OF - Mastui
OF - Dunn
OF - Wilkerson
Util - D. Lee
BN - Lowell
BN - L. Gonzalez

SP - Santana
SP - Sheets
RP - Dotel
RP - Affledt
P - M. Adams
P - Betancourt
P - M. Gonzalez
BN - Colon
BN - K. Brown
BN - Millwood
BN - Borowski
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pizzaboy76 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:56 am

Your team seems to be lacking a little bit in the power numbers, but not too bad. You might want to try and find a proven RP, as I'm not to confident in how many saves you'll get with you bunch. Overall though a pretty balanced team.

If you can please look at my team.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 717#808717
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 56)

Postby Pacman » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:16 pm

I like your team a lot. Concentrate on upgrading SP whenever possible. Colon may be a stud or a bust, how can you tell with that guy? If he struggles, you'll need a solid number 3 guy to compliment Johan and Sheets.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CourtVision » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 pm

It seems like you are kinda lacking a good ss and a 3b. Im not sold on Wright yet because he is not batting in a good position (8th I believe). I would pick one up in the Waiver.

Like the outfield though. Luis Gonzalez on the bench is good. I think he will come back this season and become an all star again.

Love the pitching. With Santana and sheets you are pretty solid.
Rate my team!! (And I'll rate yours too)

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185319
CourtVision
College Coach
College Coach

[b]tough call[/b]

Postby rajah » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:50 pm

......I think I would be comfortable with another starter, although I like your chances with Millwood. If Affeldt is okay physically, you should be middle of the pack or just above with saves.

One thing - Dunn and Wilkerson are gonna kill your BA. [/b]
Take two and hit to right
rajah
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jmiklos56 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:17 pm

trade lowell for SP or RP. Wright is a stud. Your OF is great. Look for a huge year for hidecki anmd i think kaz could get you 100 runs and some sb's with an improved met lineup.
jmiklos56 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Paco625 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:22 pm

I agree that you should trade Lowell, but I think it should be for a SS. I just don't trust Matsui this year...his back is bothering him...this is a type of injury that might linger. Wright is a stud, don't worry about him batting 8th for now, this will change in a few weeks. As of now Lowell is just wasting away on your bench...trade him for either a SS or a SP
Paco625
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynMan » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:20 pm

Yeah I think you offense is nice and balanced. Dont worry about power, you have plenty. Yeah the only galring weakness is in your staff. I would feel better having a more consistent guy than Colon as my number 3 but he is solid when he's on. In a 12 team league, i might have preferred a better guy than Affeldt as my #2 closer, maybe someone like Looper. So I would also trade Lowell for either a closer or SP, or even Wright. Either way, they're just the main weaknesses I can see. Would try to upgrade without hurting that nice offense too much.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team