Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dotel vs. Kolb

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby crapshooter » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:14 pm

Dotel easily...I think he will do much better than expected this year. Like Joe Nathan did last season.
You don't have to like 'em to own 'em!!!!
crapshooter
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Broncmet724 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:31 pm

If Dotel struggles I have heard rumblings that Calero might get a shot, with Dotel being traded to someone. I also have the feeling that Smoltz wont last as a starter and Kolb would certainly lose his job to him I would assume
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:41 pm

The two should be fairly close in four categories, with Dotel boasting a huge edge in K's (as noted repeatedly).

The only big risk with Dotel is in AL-only leagues because of the trade whisperings. Then again, if that's the case, you're not looking at Kolb.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Manfred » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:41 pm

Kolb...and it's not really that close. he'll have a better whip and era. Dotel will have more Ks, but the only important stat for a closer is saves and Kolb will have A LOT more. As for him being a ground ball pitcher as opposed to a K guy. He was instructed to have the hitters put it in play last year and not go for the K. The year before he was a K/IP pitcher. He is now working with the best pitching coach in baseball and has added a change up.

Besides, Dotel will be someone's set up man by the all star break.

BTW, Smoltz will contend for the CY Young this year...keep doubting him
Manfred
College Coach
College Coach

Postby blackbearabroad » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:55 pm

why will klob have a lot more? b/c dotel pitches for the A's? Smoltz only had one more save the jose mesa last year, and 2 more then danny graves. The A's are a good enough team that Dotel won't be lacking in opertunities. Now if you think he'll be moved to be a set up man thats one thing, but where?
He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers