Return to Baseball Leftovers

Byrnes WILL NOT BE TRADED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KolbSaves » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:37 pm

Paco625 wrote:Did a little more research and the Inside Pitch has him batting 8th....i have found that this is a pretty accurate source:

http://www.theinsidepitch.com/ROS_OAK.html

and cbs has him 9th

three sources, three spots in the order

the order's just not finalized so none of the sources can be considered right yet
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Byrnes WILL NOT BE TRADED

Postby Purple Haze » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:52 pm

agchris02 wrote:"Mar. 23 - A's general manager Billy Beane has assured Eric Byrnes that he will not be traded, the San Jose Mercury News reports. "

straight from espn insider.....

so, no more worries about that

I wouldn't place to much faith in "ESPN insider" Beane is playing the "Confidence" card, when telling Byrnes he won't be traded..The "A's" don't want Byrnes to worry about playing time, or what team he will end up playing for.. This way he just goes out, an produces, and his value continues to go up... The "A's" will trade Byrnes before the Allstar Break unless Byrnes is needed because of injuries to the other OF's (Oakland is loaded with OF's).. The "A's" will need pitching, and therfor will be moving Byrnes...

Byrnes has decent value no matter where he plays, becuase of his 20-20 potential... This is my opinion, and as accurate as anything "Espn Insider" has to say... ;-7
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -23)

Postby RynMan » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:09 pm

Heres what my lineup would look like:

Kotsay
Byrnes
Kendall
Chavez
Durazo
Hatteberg
Swisher
Crosby
Ginter

But hey, Im not an mlb manager :-D

If you are interested enough, go look at the mlb.com A's web page because the beat writers usually have the inside knowledge on those things, as they get them straight from the horses mouth.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -227)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:08 am

I wonder if Beane would be willing to move Swisher? I know he is a moneyball player but he hasnt been lighting it up this spring.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -146)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers