hey guys, this is a great site. with fantasy football winding down im looking forward to my spring drafts. here is how i would draft the first round next year, tell me what you guys think.
1) A-Rod - Obvious fantasy stud, is guarenteed to be the top fantasy SS till he's like 34 years old!
2) Soriano - young player at a scarce position who will hit 40-40 next year with protection in the lineup
3)Randy Johnson - shows no signs of slowing down. K's, wins, ERA and WHIP.
4) Vlad- great for any league, especially 5x5. the team is getting better.
5) Sosa - missed about 12 games, still had 49 HRs and over 100 RBI. if team hit better in front of him, he would have driven in a lot more.
6) Bonds - his value will slide if kent gets out of SF, but he led the league in hitting, and the rest of his # 's speak for themselves
7) Schilling - slid at the end of the year, but is still a great anchor for any fantasy staff. just a bit below Johnson in the 4 SP catagories
8) Albert Pujols - this may sound a little wierd, but i would love to take him at this spot next year. he should qualify at 3 positions again(OF, 1b,3b) which gives you lots of options in the next few rounds of the draft. plus he has had 2 great years and is still very young.
9)Pedro Martinez - was pretty healthy last year, and always puts up great numbers. when he is at his best, he is the most unhitable pitcher in the game
10) Miguel Tejada - At SS, there is a big bropoff after the big 4, and tejada is the best not named A-Rod.
11) Giambi - had great Numbers and didnt even have his best year. has tons of RBI opportunites, and that short porch in RF.
12) Barry Zito - this guy carried a couple of my teams down the stretch. He is young, and has great stuff. Gets lots of K's, hasnt gotten hurt and will only get better.
i know this was sort of long, but i am really bored. anyway, im glad i found this site and im really looking forward to the season. im also looking for a money league for this year, if anyone knows of any openings let me know, thanks alot