2012 CLOSERS THREAD (1ST HALF)

Only the best of the best Cafe threads make it into the Cafe Hall of Fame. Have a look at some of the most popular threads over the years and show some love.
slomo007
T-Ball Trainer

Re: 2012 CLOSERS THREAD (1ST HALF)

Post by slomo007 »

rich101682 wrote:Anyone know why Casey Janssen was in yesterday with a 4 run lead?

Very taxed bullpen following the weekend beatdowns in Texas....he was probably the only fresh arm.
mt99808
T-Ball Trainer

Post by mt99808 »

rich101682 wrote:Anyone know why Casey Janssen was in yesterday with a 4 run lead?

Because the rest of the bullpen has been garbage lately. They had Charlie Villanueva warming in the bottom of the 8th with Janssen I guess in the case that they added on a few more runs.
IndyPostman
T-Ball Trainer

Post by IndyPostman »

Will Thayer continue to get save chances for the friars? I know Street could be back in a week or so, but of course, he could have a set-back. Thayer has bombed his last two appearances; is Gregerson worth a pickup or is it just a waste with Street set to return? Any thoughts would be appceciated.
juliown1028
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by juliown1028 »

So...why wasn't Putz in for the save tonight? Hadn't pitched since the 28th. The only thing I can think of is that Hernandez was only put in for 1 out in the 8th, so they just left him in there for the 9th to get some more work.
wazzeus
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: ROTO LEAGUE, 15 TEAMS, 25 PLAYERS PER ROSTER:

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Ian Kinsler
3B: David Freese
SS: Derek Jeter
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury
OF: Matt Kemp
OF: Justin Upton

RS 1B: Eric Hosmer
RS 1B/3B: Michael Young
RS 3B: Will Middlebrooks
RS 3B/OF: Trevor Plouffe
RS OF: Ben Revere
RS OF: Wil Myers

SP: Madison Bumgarner
SP: Zack Greinke
SP: Ian Kennedy
SP: Jordan Zimmermann
SP: Matt Garza
RP: Craig Kimbrel

RS SP: Mat Latos
RS SP: Lance Lynn
RS SP: Josh Beckett
RS RP: Ernesto Frieri
RS RP: Santiago Casilla

Post by wazzeus »

juliown1028 wrote:So...why wasn't Putz in for the save tonight? Hadn't pitched since the 28th. The only thing I can think of is that Hernandez was only put in for 1 out in the 8th, so they just left him in there for the 9th to get some more work.

Stiff neck, according to Kirk Gibson. Putz is day-to-day.
footballisbetter.com
T-Ball Trainer

Post by footballisbetter.com »

What's the chance the Yankees give Robertson a chance to close when he returns?

The reason I ask is because I have Robertson in my DL spot right now. If I drop him when he is on the DL I don't have to pay anything. If I drop him when he is healthy, I have to pay 1/2 of his $13 salary into the pot.
sfjb
T-Ball Trainer

Post by sfjb »

Stephen Pryor seems to be the en vogue add in SEA. The kid has 28 MiLB inning under his belt and being called up today or tomorrow after Delabar was sent down. 28 innings yet he's gone in a few of my leagues. Anyone have anything on this kid? I think they'll give Wilhelmsen a shot, but ultimately want League to right himself so they can build up some trade value in him.
SpecialFNK
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: CA- B McCann
1B- A Gonzalez
2B- G Beckham
3B- E Encarnacion
SS- E Andrus
CI- M Teixeira
MI- A Escobar
OF- J Heyward
OF- A Jones
OF- J Pierre
OF- D Span
UT- J Damon
UT- K Ka'aihue
BN- A Cabrera
BN- D Espinosa
BN- P Bourjos
BN- B Francisco

SP- C Kershaw
SP- C Hamels
RP- H Bell
RP- J Axford
P- J Rauch
P- D Haren
P- H Kiroda
P- J Vazquez
BN- J Hellickson
BN- M Pineda
BN- A Harang

Post by SpecialFNK »

Hisashi Iwakuma got the save last night for Seattle. although he did give up 3 ER. he only got the save because he went 3 innings, in a game where Seattle beat Texas 21-8. he's had 5 games, and given up a run in each game, so not exactly who I would be looking to add. but he did get a save.
mkultra
T-Ball Trainer

Post by mkultra »

footballisbetter.com wrote:What's the chance the Yankees give Robertson a chance to close when he returns?

The reason I ask is because I have Robertson in my DL spot right now. If I drop him when he is on the DL I don't have to pay anything. If I drop him when he is healthy, I have to pay 1/2 of his $13 salary into the pot.

I think the job's Soriano's to lose rather than Robertson's to gain at this point. That said, in a categories league Robertson's still pretty valuable, as well as points leagues that reward holds. And it's not like we haven't seen closers lose their jobs this season...
jsphlly
T-Ball Trainer

Post by jsphlly »

Anyone that watches Royals have insight as to who's next in line if Broxton were to be traded? First page suggests Crow but Collins is having a very nice year as well..?

Return to “Cafe Hall of Fame”