Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate Me [WHIR]

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate Me [WHIR]

Postby Swept Away » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:58 pm

12-team, 5x5 roto league with an auction draft. My 4 keepers were Stanton, Ellsbury, Hanley, and Avila.

Batting average: I have some real BA killers like Dunn, Salty, Crawford (??), and Carp.

Home runs: I only have one definite 30+ home run hitter but I have a lot of 20+ guys so I feel good about my overall power numbers.

Steals: I think this category really depends on Crawford. I picked up Brantley as his replacement while he's disabled. I also got Pennington but I don't know if I'm going to hold onto him since he's blocked by Hanley adn Peralta.

2B: I didn't realize how little depth there is here. I like Infante's average but not much else. He's hitting well in spring training but I think I'd like some insurance on my bench. Not sure what's up with Aviles and if the Sox are playing him full time. Brian Roberts is on the bench and I could stash him away when he's disabled, but who knows when he'll actually play.

Question marks: I have a lot of potential bounceback guys that I got cheap, like Crawford, Youkilis, Dunn, and Hanley (got him from an offseason trade).

Closers: I only have one legit closer right now in Myers. I hate chasing saves, but I also hate spending money on closers. Fuentes just lost the Oakland job and it sounds like Crain is losing out to Thornton because of injuries. I'll try to hold onto them along with Romo in case the incumbents go down. I don't want to pun the category.

Starters: I overspent on Gallardo but I always have a hard time getting K's so I wanted a second ace.

Anyway, please tell me what you think. Right now I'm thinking I need to trade for a 2B who steals and hits for average, and a closer. Leave a link and I'll help you out.

C Alex Avila, Det C
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Bos C
1B Freddie Freeman, Atl 1B
2B Omar Infante, Mia 2B
3B Kevin Youkilis, Bos 3B
SS Hanley Ramirez, Mia SS
MI Jhonny Peralta, Det SS
CI Aramis Ramirez, Mil 3B
OF Giancarlo Stanton, Mia OF
OF Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF
OF Justin Upton, Ari OF
OF Carl Crawford, Bos OF
OF Mike Carp, Sea 1B, OF
UTIL Adam Dunn, CWS 1B, DH
Bench Michael Brantley, Cle OF
Bench Mike Aviles, Bos 2B, 3B
Bench Cliff Pennington, Oak SS

P Brett Myers, Hou SP
P Tim Lincecum, SF SP
P Bud Norris, Hou SP
P Yovani Gallardo, Mil SP
P Wandy Rodriguez, Hou SP
P Jaime Garcia, StL SP
P Brian Fuentes, Oak RP
P Sergio Romo, SF RP
P Scott Baker, Min SP
Bench Jesse Crain, CWS RP
Bench Tim Stauffer, SD SP
Swept Away
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate Me [WHIR]

Postby Izenhart » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 am

It looks like Aviles should be the starting SS for Boston (No definitive word yet though) But if he is I would start him over Infante. I'm not a fan of Saltalamacchia for several reasons, the first one being typing his name out gives me a headache, the second being I don't see any upside past 20 home runs in him. I wish someone would take a crowbar to his knee so Lavarnway would get called up and take the job away. (Ok well maybe I don't really wish that)

Your OF looks stellar, with the exception of Carp. I'd like Carp a lot more if half his games weren't in Safeco. I'd probably drop Pennington if I owned that team for another OF since Crawford may be out awhile. Depending on if he plays full time, a sleeper I like a lot is John Mayberry. I expect him to be highly owned by mid season. Eric Thames of Toronto is another option if he plays full time that looks ready to break out. Another possible option if you want some easy steals could be Will Venable, who will see increased at bats this season and could return some nice numbers.

I would also drop Crain and Fuentes, two guys who don't help enough in any category if they aren't closing. There should be better RP options on the wire, like possibly Venters, Uehara, and the awesomely named Bastardo.

Bud Norris is a one trick pony, and I wouldn't be caught dead with two Houston starting pitchers. You are hurting for wins. Better options that might be available are Mike Leake, Aaron Harang, Brandon McCarthy, or possibly Mike Minor - whoever floats your boat.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Re: Rate Me [WHIR]

Postby NittanyLions1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Yeah I would consider Aviles over Infante as a starter. I also at least drop Fuentes (and maybe Crain also). Some options I have open that I am looking at for MY Fuentes replacement are Salas, Benoit, Mujica, and Bastardo!....and thats if Broxton/Holland/Crow are not there.

DEFINITELY pick up Mike Minor if he is there imo...I think he breaks out and he is having a good spring (not that it matters much but)
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team