Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just Drafted! How'd I do? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just Drafted! How'd I do? WHIR

Postby Redlegs » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi, I'm in a 10 team CBS H2H non keeper league. Scoring:
Offense: Single: 1pt. Double: 2pts. Triple: 3pts. HR: 4pts. RBI: 1pt. Runs: 1pt. B.O.B.: 1pt. SB: 2pts. K: -.5pts. CS: -1pt.
Pitching: W: 7pts. L: -5pts. Sv: 5pts. K's: 1pt. B.O.B.:-1pt. IP: 3pts. Hits Allowed: -1pt. ER: -2pts. BS: -2pts.

My Roster:
C- B.Molina
1B- M.Teixeira
2B- B.Roberts
3B- A.Ramirez
SS- J.Rollins
OF- B.Abreu
OF- S.Victorino
OF- N.McClouth
U- T.Hunter
B- C.Crisp

SP- D.Haren
SP- C.Billingsley
SP- Z.Greinke
SP- J.Vasquez
SP- B.Myers
RP- M.Capps
RP- M.Lindstrom
B- M.Garza
B- K.Slowey
B- J.Masterson
B- F.Francisco

Please review and give me advice on my team.

Thanks in advance.

Will help in response!
Redlegs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Just Drafted! How'd I do? WHIR

Postby JRAMI » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:42 pm

well your offense is perfect, dont touch a thing. You are well rounded and your pitching is good. Myers was a roller coaster last year so who knows with him. My main thing that sticks out to me is its a 10 team league so you should have some strong F.A OF's still out there , how did you end up with Crisp on your bench . you can certainly do better than that. I know you dont plan on using him but sometimes with your bench spot you can find a diamond in the rough.

please help
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=370567
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby intense » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:12 pm

I think your team is very solid, you will get a ton of SBs and that will help a lot since they are 2pts each. Your top 4 starters are all very good and that will anchor your staff very well. Pay attention to WW and grab any new closers because you may need 1 more, especially if one of your low tier ones falters.

viewtopic.php?t=371794
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby b_rad82 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Overall a very solid team. I think Crisp is fine where he is, there will be FA options all year in a 10 team league and you should at least so how Coco fares in KC before giving up on him.

For what it's worth I like both Garza and Slowey over Myers, but Myers does have more upside. If it were my team Myers would start the year on the bench.

If Masterson gets starts you may want to plug him in instead of Lindstrom, in a points league you don't really need to get saves and he would get you a lot of points from the other pitching cats. That's the strategy I just used in my head to head points league draft. Check it out if you would:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=371921

Thanks
b_rad82
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Geek » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Looks great--the only thing I would consider is upgrading your offense's power #'s if you can do so without sacrificing too much in other categories.

But, I'm not used to points leagues, so it's hard to say how much you need HR's and rbi's in the first place.

Mine:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=371944
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team