Increasing keepers next year?

These Cafe members are battling to win this season while also building to win for years to come.
Gunnah
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Increasing keepers next year?

Post by Gunnah »

maybe increase keepers to 7 and 8 for winner?? the more the better imo.
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Increasing keepers next year?

Post by abc11435 »

It seems to me if we increase the keeper any more, it will really leave very little to be drafted. While it may benefit some teams, more teams will be hurt. There are literally teams that does not even have 5 keepers at the moment (they are better off keeping 4 and get the 5th from a 1st round pick). I want to make sure everyone at least have a fighting chance to win, and drafting should be a required element for winning.
The 0-Headed Monster
T-Ball Trainer

Post by The 0-Headed Monster »

abc11435 wrote:There are literally teams that does not even have 5 keepers at the moment (they are better off keeping 4 and get the 5th from a 1st round pick).

Wait, does this mean if I only keep 4 players I get an extra pick at the beginning of the draft? Or are you just saying that the player I take in the first would be better than my 5th keeper anyway. Still, it makes sense to just keep 5 if there's no penalty for keeping 5 (or bonus for keeping only 4).
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Post by abc11435 »

was just saying that as an argument against increasing keeper #. Everyone keeps 5, no matter how bad your team is. There may be mid round compensation for teams that are overly underpowered.

Return to “Fantasy Cafe Keepers”