2009 Old threads

These Cafe members are battling to win this season while also building to win for years to come.
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Re: General Discussion

Post by abc11435 »

I have to look into that. I don't believe there is a random waiver thingy. So I was thinking of assigning a number to each team, then find a random number generator online to determine the order. If that's the case, you guys will just have to trust me that I'm not cheating. Luckily, Yahoo has added almost every minor league prospect available this year. So unlike previous years, you can draft your Ryan Braun and Tim Lincecum anytime you want, no need to burn waiver for them.
Zhangman1
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Re: General Discussion

Post by Zhangman1 »

abc11435 wrote:I have to look into that. I don't believe there is a random waiver thingy. So I was thinking of assigning a number to each team, then find a random number generator online to determine the order. If that's the case, you guys will just have to trust me that I'm not cheating. Luckily, Yahoo has added almost every minor league prospect available this year. So unlike previous years, you can draft your Ryan Braun and Tim Lincecum anytime you want, no need to burn waiver for them.

sounds good
Zhangman1
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Draft Announcement - EVERYONE MUST READ

Post by Zhangman1 »

so whats gonna happen to the draft slots of the teams that aren't caught up? r they just gonna draft 1st and let yahoo auto-pick i guess?
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Draft Announcement - EVERYONE MUST READ

Post by abc11435 »

I already threw in the highest yahoo ranked players in there for them. Since they aren't around, it would've auto drafted those same players for them anyhoo. Now this way we all start on the same round.
TheHuff
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Trade room

Post by TheHuff »

Looking to move A-Rod, all offers will be considered
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Trade room

Post by abc11435 »

You are free to post here whenever you want, but I think you might get more attention if you post in the Yahoo league page, now that we have officially started 2009.
Zhangman1
T-Ball Trainer

Drafting players not in the database next year

Post by Zhangman1 »

Hey all,

I was wondering what the thoughts on the league were when it comes to drafting players who aren't yet in yahoo at the time of the draft. For example, during the 2 months of our slow draft, guys like J. Zimmerman and Elvis Andrus weren't in the database. Actually, I'm pretty sure Wieters wasn't in it at the start either. However, these guys were added in as we drafted.

I know I was the first to jump on a future prospect and by the time it got to me Wieters had been added. However, what if the situation presented that I wanted Wieters, he wasn't added to yahoo, and by like 6 picks later he was added to yahoo and drafted by someone. I would have lost out on a guy simply based on the timing of my pick and the limited field of players I had a choice from.

I don't really see a problem like this happening due to our short benches and limited number of keepers, however, it be a possibility. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Drafting players not in the database next year

Post by abc11435 »

That's pretty simple then. We will allow any players to be drafted at any time next year. Provided the person is able to spell the name, position, and team out correctly. However, what happens when the draft is over and Yahoo still hasn't added the guy? There is no way to tell when they will do it. I guess I can keep a running tab on guys that aren't added into the DB yet, but the manager will have to leave an empty bench spot at all times. It definitely complicates things and I would like to avoid it if possible.
Zhangman1
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Zhangman1 »

abc11435 wrote:That's pretty simple then. We will allow any players to be drafted at any time next year. Provided the person is able to spell the name, position, and team out correctly. However, what happens when the draft is over and Yahoo still hasn't added the guy? There is no way to tell when they will do it. I guess I can keep a running tab on guys that aren't added into the DB yet, but the manager will have to leave an empty bench spot at all times. It definitely complicates things and I would like to avoid it if possible.

I doubt it would be a huge post-draft issue b/c yahoo has been good at pushing any player with value into the database.
abc11435
T-Ball Trainer

Post by abc11435 »

But suppose at Round 10 where you were going to draft Wieter, he isn't in the db yet. Will you still draft him, not knowing when Yahoo will enter him into db? If you do draft him, then you must keep an empty spot for him for however long you own him, unless you decide to release him.

If that's fine with you guys, it's fine with me.

Return to “Fantasy Cafe Keepers”