DRAFT NOTES & SURPRISES

Nothing at all wrong with leftovers, that's why microwaves were built!
thomasps3
T-Ball Trainer

DRAFT NOTES & SURPRISES

Post by thomasps3 »

Just figured this was a good idea to put a thread for picks that surprise people and such.

Have at it boys!
oscar15
T-Ball Trainer

Re: DRAFT NOTES & SURPRISES

Post by oscar15 »

I like the idea ;-D

If I could not pick 1st I wanted 8 or later. In all my Mocks I ended up with my best teams picking 8,9 or 10. I was able to nab a stud and then a solid pick in rd 2 (Kind of a 1 and 1a deal).

I'm more comfortable drafting later this year but I could not pass A-Rod up.

A-Rod alone should keep me out of the cellar...unless I'm a complete idiot (keep it to yourself oldtimers) ;-7

Picks 2 and 3 -Man it was a long time between picks for me! Upton and Vlad were queued up but they were taken the last two picks before me. I love the Phillips pick the more think about it (maybe better than having Upton). Rios was a reach but I knew he would not make it back to me and none of the established option thrilled me.

Picks 4-5 I hate picking at the turn. I did 30 Mocks this in and I did not take either of these players in any of them. Carlos Pena had a career year last year, I know that. But he was a "break out" candidate a few years ago. I thought he was worth the chance. Chipper - I guess I have him ranked higher than most people.
Last edited by oscar15 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enjoy life. One day you will be dead for a very very long time.
Grounded Polo
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Re: DRAFT NOTES & SURPRISES

Post by Grounded Polo »

I was happy picking 4th so I could get one of Wright, Hanley, and Reyes because I'd prefer getting a premium position infielder first when the second round is almost entirely outfielders.

Return to “Leftovers League”