Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper trade, Lindor for two Sox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper trade, Lindor for two Sox

Postby Newkie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:47 pm

I am in a normal 6x6 10 keeper H2H league, its OPS and not BA. I would appreciate your thought on trading Lindor for Benintendi and Bogaerts? As you can see, I have little depth on my team, and maybe its time to trade my one super star.

Thanks in advance

C: Contreras
1B/OF: Wil Myers
2B: Mondesi
SS: Lindor
OF: Springer
OF: Rosario
OF: Mozara

Plus players down below which I am not sure are worth keeping even though I will have to keep some to make up my 10 keepers.

Ohtani DH, G. Polanco OF, Conforto OF, T. Anderson SS, Sano 3B, Buxton OF, Profar, A. Riley 3B, Meija C

Thank you again
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 35)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper trade, Lindor for two Sox

Postby fast dogs » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm

It isn't awful but I'm not sure it is enough either. At the very least I'll bet you can get similar players from other teams and add a lesser keeper or 2 as well since you really need to upgrade at least your 9th and 10th spots as well. Trading your top player for pieces usually doesn't work out for the best long run. I'd certainly keep Ohtani as 2019 likely is a rebuild year for you and his value should increase in 2020. Conforto seems ready for bigger things, I like him better than a couple you have in the top group. You have no pitchers in your top 15 players?
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 381)

Postby Newkie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Well, I did end up trading Lindor, but for Bryce Harper and Bogaerts. I then turned around and traded Bogaerts for Blake Snell and a pick upgrade. I too like Conforto, but not sure I like him better than Mazara or Mondesi. I have to keep Contreras, as he was involved in an earlier trade. I also traded a pick for Eugeno Suarez of the Reds.

Thanks
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 35)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Snell & Suarez, nice upgrades
FYI, after 50 NFBC drafts Ohtani ADP is 101, Conforto's 106 & Mazara 153. I can't believe Mondesi is being drafted/ranked in the top 50, but for you he's safe in your for-sure group. To me, Mazara can be left off your keepers; I've got Anderson quite a bit ahead of him as well
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 381)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions