Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Bregman for Rizzo/A. Rosario/G. Marquez/Wendle? (keeper)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bregman for Rizzo/A. Rosario/G. Marquez/Wendle? (keeper)

Postby JJLinn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 pm

12 team keeper. My team is pretty much a dumpster fire; my keepers as it stands are Bregman, Machado, Ozuna, Berrios, and maybe Hendricks/W. Contreras (10 keepers allowed).

I really don’t want to trade Bregman but i need to get some more talent spread throughout my roster and I’m afraid this may be the only way to do it...inherited a team that finished last, and its hard to build in a 10-keeper league, but damn if I’m not gonna give it a shot. Any help would be appreciated.
JJLinn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bregman for Rizzo/A. Rosario/G. Marquez/Wendle? (keeper)

Postby fast dogs » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:20 pm

So your league keeps 120 max so all you need is top 100 type talent. I'm not sure how many of these guys qualify, I think I'd hold off on that trade and see if you can do better. I'd rather go more rookie talent with higher upside if others can't keep 'em. Bregman should get you some bigger deals
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 378)

Postby JJLinn » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 pm

fast dogs wrote:So your league keeps 120 max so all you need is top 100 type talent. I'm not sure how many of these guys qualify, I think I'd hold off on that trade and see if you can do better. I'd rather go more rookie talent with higher upside if others can't keep 'em. Bregman should get you some bigger deals

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking. In this league you’re allowed to keep fewer than 10 and receive supplemental picks before the main draft starts, so I may go that route. I’m just worried that my talent is so concentrated that I may not be able to build a good enough team to compete.
JJLinn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 27)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 pm

There is just too big of a gap between Bregman & Rizzo right now, I believe Rizzo is somewhere near #40 ADP and Bregman is a late 1st rounder. You'd have to be getting some big time talent to make that gap worth it and you are getting marginal talent for a league that likely holds under 100 players. It is a little bit unnerving looking at those empty spaces on your roster, but they'll get filled in just fine
The more I look at this, the less I like it for you
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 378)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions