Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby dominicfaiola » Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 am

14 Team H2H Cats. 3 Keeps
Owner had Luebke go down and is completely strapped in both pitching and hitting. He's looking for a hitter and 2 pitchers for Haren. If you look at his lineup you can tell he's not doing well and he's said he's willing to deal anyone. Any ideas what to offer?

My Roster:
C Doumit
1B Tex
2b Pedroia
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
3b Lawrie
OF Stanton Cespedes Cutch
Util Ortiz
DL Utley C. Young

My Pitching consists of: Hamels, Strasburg, Smyly, Lilly, Detwiler, Cishek, Casilla,
Betancourt

His Roster:
C Martin
1b Gonzo
2b Aaron Hill
3b Wright
SS Jeter
OF Choo J.D Martinez Ross
Util Escobar
Bench Kubel Boesch
DL Drew Howard

His Pitching consists of: Haren, Hell-Boy, Nathan, Balfour, Niemann, Bailey
DL: Hudson
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 319
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby Neboguy » Tue May 08, 2012 10:35 am

I think maybe an offer of Detwiler, Smyly, and Asdrubal Cabrera for Haren and Escobar (If it's Yunel) would be a fair trade for both sides. You get a solid ace and he gets the depth he needs. If he doesn't bite on that, maybe throw in Lilly instead of Detwiler and ask for Jeter instead of Escobar.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Please Leave Feedback!

Image
Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 490
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 6 Apr 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby pjdeano04 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 am

Neboguy wrote:I think maybe an offer of Detwiler, Smyly, and Asdrubal Cabrera for Haren and Escobar (If it's Yunel) would be a fair trade for both sides. You get a solid ace and he gets the depth he needs. If he doesn't bite on that, maybe throw in Lilly instead of Detwiler and ask for Jeter instead of Escobar.


;-D

I think this is fair trade too...
pjdeano04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 467
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 12 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 pm

pjdeano04 wrote:
Neboguy wrote:I think maybe an offer of Detwiler, Smyly, and Asdrubal Cabrera for Haren and Escobar (If it's Yunel) would be a fair trade for both sides. You get a solid ace and he gets the depth he needs. If he doesn't bite on that, maybe throw in Lilly instead of Detwiler and ask for Jeter instead of Escobar.


;-D

I think this is fair trade too...


Agreed as well. Not a big Escobar guy. Would much prefer Jeter. Whether you move Detwiler or Lilly, I like it.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 6462
(Past Year: 49)
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby nyr199435 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:48 pm

If I'm him, I doubt I bite on what is essentially Detwiler and Smyly for Haren and Cabrera for Jeter. Seems like I'm getting the short end of both sides of that deal. BUT...that doesn't change the fact that there's an outside chance he may accept it just to get more pitching. So try pitching that offer.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 393
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby dominicfaiola » Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll keep you posted. Anyone else?
dominicfaiola
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 319
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby chinch sacs » Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Id try to sell high on Papi.

Maybe...

Give: Ortiz, Lilly and a closer (Castilla?)

Get: Haren

Id also try to land Choo. He is starting to heat up a little and he does well vs RHP, just sucks a big one vs lefties
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2936
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Jose, CA

Deleted

Postby METS 24 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Deleted
Last edited by METS 24 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-Y.Molina
1B-F.Freeman
2B-Vacant
3B-A.Rendon
SS-C.Correa
MI-X.Bogaerts
CI-C.Davis
OF-M.Betts/K.Davis/C.Gonzalez/J.Pederson/H.Renfroe
UT-M.Smith
SP-J.deGrom/C.Martinez/L.McCullers/R.Ray/M.Fulmer/S.Matz/D.Duffy/J.Odorizzi/M.Harvey
METS 24
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 816
(Past Year: 98)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby bayside » Wed May 09, 2012 12:45 am

i agree that i'd be happy to give up any 2 pitchers who are not Stras/Hamels.
all the other guys on your staff have limited value
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1343
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: WHOOOOOS got it better than us?

Re: Dan Haren Offer WHIR

Postby Leiter Fan » Wed May 09, 2012 1:14 am

sigriffey wrote:
pjdeano04 wrote:
Neboguy wrote:I think maybe an offer of Detwiler, Smyly, and Asdrubal Cabrera for Haren and Escobar (If it's Yunel) would be a fair trade for both sides. You get a solid ace and he gets the depth he needs. If he doesn't bite on that, maybe throw in Lilly instead of Detwiler and ask for Jeter instead of Escobar.


;-D

I think this is fair trade too...


Agreed as well. Not a big Escobar guy. Would much prefer Jeter. Whether you move Detwiler or Lilly, I like it.


I agree also.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1956
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests