Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

TRADE BRYCE HARPER AND JESUS MONTERO?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TRADE BRYCE HARPER AND JESUS MONTERO?

Postby Junse19 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am

Does anything think it would be crazy to trade both of these players in a keeper league for a quality SP? I have decent/capable starters at the RF (Kendrys Morales, Jason Heyward, Mike Trout) and C (Buster Posey) positions and am in need of a top notch SP. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Junse19 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Harper and Montero?

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:06 pm

Need more information on how many teams, how many keepers and what kind of league. Also would want to know what pitcher/pitchers you are looking to get.

In the end it depends on what pitcher you are trying to get but I don't think it is crazy to try and improve your team. And if that involves dealing a young prospect than so be it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -31)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Junse19 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Looking to trade for a Yovani Gallardo-type pitcher. Verlander is available to trade for but it would have to be an overwhelming trade offer.

My team is as follows:

Cap $260

C - Buster Posey $7, Jesus Montero $5
1B- Albert Pujols $50, Paul Goldschmidt $15, Eric Hosmer $4
2B - Jason Kipnis $3
3B - Brett Lawrie $4
SS - Hanley Ramirez $33, Dee Gordon $4
LF - Josh Hamilton $21, Alex Gordon $4
CF - Jacoby Ellsbury $20, Mike Trout $4
RF - Jason Heyward $7, Kendry Morales $1, Bryce Harper $11
SP - James Shields $9, CJ Wilson $4, Mat Latos $7, Ubaldo Jimenez $10, Francisco Liriano $1, Trevor Bauer $10
RP - Rafael Betancourt $6, Sean Marshall $1, Greg Holland $1
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TruYankeeFan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Posey will be the better Catcher..but Jesus will be the better hitter possibly as soon as this year(which is what really counts in Fantasy)....and Harper is going to rake too.

depending on how long you get to keep players...I think you should get a hell of a lot more than Gallardo

Little help on mine?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=443108&p=3498165#p3498165
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 47)

Postby MaudDib » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 pm

How much do players increase each year? At $11 Harper is kind of expensive and could quickly reach a point where he is too expensive to keep. Assuming that Gallardo has a decent price tag, I might do it. Especially considering your team is set to win this year.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -31)

Postby TruYankeeFan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:13 pm

MaudDib wrote:How much do players increase each year? At $11 Harper is kind of expensive and could quickly reach a point where he is too expensive to keep. Assuming that Gallardo has a decent price tag, I might do it. Especially considering your team is set to win this year.

Wha-What? I totally read that as $1. Whoops. Yeah...good question there...that makes a big difference.
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 47)

Postby Junse19 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 pm

MaudDib wrote:How much do players increase each year? At $11 Harper is kind of expensive and could quickly reach a point where he is too expensive to keep. Assuming that Gallardo has a decent price tag, I might do it. Especially considering your team is set to win this year.

Players salaries increase $4 so yeah, Harper will be $15 next year. I just offered a trade of Liriano, Montero, and Harper for Kershaw. I figure that if I can trade for an ace pitcher, my team is set for another run. A title this year would be 3 in 4 years. Only loss was in the championship last year. Tied but lost via a tiebreaker in the championship game. Tied the doubles category and had 3 players on my bench that I could not start who had doubles on the final day of the year.
Junse19
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions