100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chone Figgins. No Love?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Par66 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:54 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Par66 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Par66 wrote:in Yahoo leagues, he's eligible at 2B, 3B, SS, and OF!!!! a great late round pick IMO.

He won't be there in the "late rounds" if you're in one of my leagues. }:-)

don't intend to hijack this thread.... but I'd love to draft this guy and my league is fairly competitive. what type round you think he'd go in a 10team H2H league? I think ESPN has him like 113th overall... so I guess he's going around the 8th or something in "one of your leagues"?

In a 10 team league, depending how competitive it is, he will probably go somewhere around round 11 or 12, as ESPN has him at the 113th pick. In an experienced league, where people know their stuff, expect him to go considerably higher. I took him with the 48th overall pick in a keeper league, if that tells you anything. I reached, I know that, but I wanted to because my next pick wasn't until 76th, and it was a Cafe league so obviously the owners knew their stuff and I didn't want to take the chance of losing him.

Thanks! I hope this helps the Mexikan as well...
Par66
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bd3521 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:55 pm

CBS (10 teamers mostly) has him average pick at 119
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheMeXiKaN » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:00 pm

Wow. Thanks fellow Fantasy addicts, now i know im not crazy for thinking that Choney is a valuabe pick this year. GO METS!!! :-]
- - - - - - - - - There Is No Spoon - - - - - - - - -
TheMeXiKaN
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Par66 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:05 pm

I have 3rd overall pick in 10team snake draft. I figure I'll need to target him in the 9th round (83rd overall) if I want to be pretty sure of getting him... otherwise it's 15 more picks till my next slot at 98th overall, and that's getting too close to his "average" draft position, and this isn't an "average" league. Also depends I guess on how many teams already drafted their 2B... although he is a handy UTIL type guy to have regardless of 2B needs
Par66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:08 pm

I'll chime in here and say I think you're all crazy. He's a fine player but 48th overall? That's nuts. Pedro Feliz also put up pretty good numbers last year, but I don't want him as my starting shortstop.

These guys are parttime players without a position for a reason. The more the other teams see of them, the more their flaws are exposed.

Figgins won't get much more than 400 at bats, he won't hit .300, and he won't steal 40.

.260/3 homers/20 steals/60 runs/very, very few rbis.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Par66 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:14 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I'll chime in here and say I think you're all crazy. He's a fine player but 48th overall? That's nuts. Pedro Feliz also put up pretty good numbers last year, but I don't want him as my starting shortstop.

These guys are parttime players without a position for a reason. The more the other teams see of them, the more their flaws are exposed.

Figgins won't get much more than 400 at bats, he won't hit .300, and he won't steal 40.

I won't try and predict his numbers... but I was pretty sure he'd be an every day player... in a very potent Anaheim lineup
Par66
College Coach
College Coach

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:21 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I'll chime in here and say I think you're all crazy. He's a fine player but 48th overall? That's nuts. Pedro Feliz also put up pretty good numbers last year, but I don't want him as my starting shortstop.

AA, your argument has so many flaws it's unreal. Check out this thread for my complete thoughts:
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... ht=respect

He is absolutely not a .260 hitter....he is a legit .290+ hitter.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:23 pm

I think that most are willing to take Figgins. I am looking for him to about $17 in my league this year.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gwyddbwyll » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:10 pm

No love?

He gets plenty of attention, certainly not available late. In my drafts he usually goes in the 7-9 rounds.. basically almost too early to draft him.
Gwyddbwyll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:38 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:He got love in my auction. Went for $17. While Vidro went for $10, Utley and Cuddyer $3 & Todd Walker $2.

8-o Wow. I'd like to have been the guy who got Vidro. After him, though, I'd gun for Figgins before those other guys. All he has to do is play well enough to hold off the late-arriving Kennedy.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers