Leno whining about lack of material - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Leno whining about lack of material

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Leno whining about lack of material

Postby ironman » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:26 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7076585/

Don't worry Jay, even if you could make jokes about Michael Jackson's trial, I'm 99.9% positive that like the rest of your jokes, they won't be funny. :-t
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:36 pm

I agree, Leno isn't that great to begin with. Letterman, on the other hand, rocks.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:36 pm

Don't worry, he'll just steal something else from Howard Stern.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19486
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby ensanimal » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:01 pm

slomo007 wrote:I agree, Leno isn't that great to begin with. Letterman, on the other hand, rocks.


;-D ;-D
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10581
(Past Year: 120)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:01 pm

I can't remember the last time I watched Leno anyway.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:03 pm

I've been trying to figure out who actually watches Leno for years. Consistently, his show is #1 in the ratings, yet everyone I talk to likes Letterman a lot more. Is it because I'm typically asking my own generation this, and it's the older generation that is stuck on Leno due to it being Carson's old show? :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Agreed Leno is a big loser...Conan all the way
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:I've been trying to figure out who actually watches Leno for years. Consistently, his show is #1 in the ratings, yet everyone I talk to likes Letterman a lot more. Is it because I'm typically asking my own generation this, and it's the older generation that is stuck on Leno due to it being Carson's old show? :-?


I watch Leno, but just as a warmup to Conan. Letterman is ok, but some of his shows can be SO stupid. And Leno's guests seem to be a bit better than Letterman's, and Leno's "skits" are also better than Lettermans. BUT, I still can't wait until Conan takes over.

Has anyone watched the guy that took over the Late Shoiw after Letterman? IMO, he's pretty good for just starting out. In 2-3 years, I think he'll be just as good as Conan.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:38 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I've been trying to figure out who actually watches Leno for years. Consistently, his show is #1 in the ratings, yet everyone I talk to likes Letterman a lot more. Is it because I'm typically asking my own generation this, and it's the older generation that is stuck on Leno due to it being Carson's old show? :-?


I watch Leno, but just as a warmup to Conan. Letterman is ok, but some of his shows can be SO stupid. And Leno's guests seem to be a bit better than Letterman's, and Leno's "skits" are also better than Lettermans. BUT, I still can't wait until Conan takes over.

Has anyone watched the guy that took over the Late Shoiw after Letterman? IMO, he's pretty good for just starting out. In 2-3 years, I think he'll be just as good as Conan.


Yeah I was really skeptical of Craig Ferguson at first. I didn't like the choice and thought he would fail. But I usually leave the TV on after Letterman so I've seen some of his shows....he really is pretty funny. I think it was a good choice afterall. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:42 pm

Yeah I don't mind Mr. Wick as the new host. Anything is better than Kilborn. Conan is by far the best host of the 4 shows, and has been for a while. Anybody remember Tom Snyder and his caterpillars? :-b
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate, unioreimi and 30 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Apr. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(1:05 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Seattle at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Atlanta at NY Mets
(1:10 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(1:35 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(3:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact