bn penny
bn morris
bn petitte
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBV » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:03 am

team seems pretty solid. a nice mix of power speed and mid range pitching. perhaps make a move for one ace SP and i think you can compete.
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby jimpage » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:42 am

bump
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:37 pm

You're riding on the edge of a knife there, you know? Your offense seems cobbled together with injury risks, sleepers, and Helton/Crawford. Your starters are okay - you should be able to find somebody better on the WW than Pettitte or Russ Ortiz. And I would, too, because both Zambrano and Beckett are significant injury risks.

If it were me, I'd try and trade for a few more dependable guys, you know? If everything breaks right, you've got a great team. But I only like to take so many risks per season, too...
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rg_baseball » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:46 pm

looks pretty good but i believe that alou is a risk of injury and a few others could be at question. But all in all your pitching staff is looking pretty good. you should be in contention.
rg_baseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jimpage » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:48 pm

whats with all these injury comments?...zambrano has had 30+ starts the last 2 seasons, cant ask for much more...plus he's not built like pedro, the guys a horse...beckett, yeah, but we're mostly talking about a recurring blister...im pretty sure he'll figure out how to avoid that...alou has played 150+ games the last 2 seasons, thats healthy enough for me...nomar/anderson both came back from their injuries LAST season so im pretty sure they'll be 100%...maybe anderson loses some power, but those guys both dropped because of last year so they were decent value...my point is, im asking for advice assuming my team stays healthy, not how to avoid disaster "when" all these guys fall apart...as of right now im assuming these guys are actually gonna play baseball this season...how bout some comments on how my power looks compared to speed...the need for wins or strikeouts...hell, i dont know, im here for help
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team