trade vetoing system? looking for suggestions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

trade vetoing system? looking for suggestions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rlee » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:10 pm

I disagree with the Commissioner having sole veto power. In our league, four of the 12 teams can vote against a trade and in effect veto it. Perhaps we've been lucky and have had owners not trying to take advantage of others, but in 3 years, we've not had a trade vetoed.

My personal feelings is that trades should be vetoed only if there is collusion suspected or if the trade is so lopsided, it destroys the balance of the league.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:53 pm

I think both ways (commissioner power and league votes) work, and if you're the commissioner you should do what the league wants in terms of what system to use.

I keep hearing about how all trades or most trades are vetoed in the league voting system. I've been playing in a bunch of leagues with league voting systems for the last 3 years. Out of all my leagus only 1 trade has been vetoed with that system.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BamaClark » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:35 am

Our league has done it both ways over the past two years and I think it is better if the commissioner has total control. Some people in our league were vetoeing trades because they didn't want another team to get a player or they were upset that their trade didn't do through. I think commish veto is the way to go.
BamaClark
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers