State Tournaments - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

State Tournaments

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: State Tournaments

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 pm

BigMusky wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:What do you guys have for hockey and basketball in your area/state? Our hockey team is favored to win the Wisconsin State Tourney but our basketball team sucks. How are your local high schools doing in State competition?

which school is that?

Superior, We won both boys and girls hockey championships.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:43 pm

Back in 98 we won the VA Private School's State Championship in baseball...It was a fun team to be on...

We ended up winning when the other team tagged to early on the winning run and we appealed and he was thrown out.. It was pretty sweet
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:58 pm

My [old] high school is a wrestling/football powerhouse in New Jersey.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sox FANatic001 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:07 pm

my hockey team is going to the western maine state class B finals on Wed (ranked #3 going into the tourny). both bball teams made it to the western maine quarter finals before losing. girls indoor track won states and us guys took home 4th.
Lets Go patsox!

yay! sox win!!!
bambino-1918-2004
Rest In Pain ;-)

Big David Ortiz Rocks my socks off
him and pokey
Sox FANatic001
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:19 pm

Sox FANatic001 wrote:my hockey team is going to the western maine state class B finals on Wed (ranked #3 going into the tourny). both bball teams made it to the western maine quarter finals before losing. girls indoor track won states and us guys took home 4th.

Where do you go to school? I used to go to Camden, and we're also class B. We also just won the boys basketball class B state championship.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:26 pm

perlick29 wrote:My alma-mater New Rochelle finished runner-up in New York state football AA and made the state tournament in mens basketball. The baseball season is preseason ranked #2 in the county not country. I was very active during high school in these things as I was the television play-by-play man.

Section 1!!! I'm from Suffern (I still go there though) and yeah, New Rochelle's had a great year. Rice is an amazing HB in football and McDermott is reat at basketball (both of them player football and basketball). I think they may both be attending Rutgers, along with Glenroy Lee (SS for football).

You mention you were the announcer. I too am interested in communications and hope to become a sports broadcaster one day. Unfortunately, my school doesn't have a TV/Radio studio, but I am the stadium announcer at our home football games (that's the only type of announcer there is at my school).

I read you do some sort of sports talk show in Philly and you interviewed Mardy Collins. How is it? I'm interested in that because that's in the same wing as sports broadcasting.

Oh yeah, FatGuyWithAMullet: Which HS did u go to: Don Bosco, St. Joe's or Bergen Catholic? They're usually the three powerhouses in New Jersey, and I only live 10 minutes away from Bosco and within 30 of the other two (although in a different state). All of hteir football teams are really good, but I think this past year, New Rochelle (Perlick's school) could have taken them all - except for the state final against a school that recruits players, they didn't have one close game - heck, they outscored their opponents by over 400 points before the state final where they lost 41-35 (it was like 443-32 8-o ). I think they lost because Rice got hurt in the 3rd quarter.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:00 pm

I really shouldn't of mentioned football when I said powerhouse, but I went three years to Phillipsburg and a year at Blair Academy. Both are really more wrestling powerhouses though, especially Blair.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to General Talk