My Team! Please take a look :) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My Team! Please take a look :)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Team! Please take a look :)

Postby CBV » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:16 pm

sixteen teams in the league this year! man is it exciting and challenging. had the draft today this is what i came up with. let me know what ya think!

C - Mike Piazza
1B - Mark Texeira
2B - Orlando Hudson
3B - Corey Koskie
SS - Miguel Tejada
OF - Vernon Wells
OF - Lance Berkman
OF - Kevin Mench
Util - Edgar Renteria
Bench
OF - Luis Gonzalez
OF - Richard Hidalgo
OF - Matt Holliday

SP - Roy Oswalt
SP - Odalis Perez
RP - Keith Foulke
RP - Jeremy Affeldt
P - Jarrod Washburn
P - Jerome Williams
P - Joel Pineiro
P - Jamie Moyer
P - Justin Speier

my overall personal grade is B+
i made a mistake in the fourth round when i took renteria, when i already had tejada first round, it was a total brain fart :~( because of this, i missed out on my speed guy. im looking to deal away renteria for a speedster, its just hard to choose one to go for. renteria is the fifth best SS in baseball. should i aim high and try a huge deal like renteria and hidalgo for carl crawford? heh, i doubt anyone would take that trade though. any suggestions on what i should do, or who i should trade in for speed? thanks in advance...

CBV
Vaughn: What's that sh*t on your chest?

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

your team

Postby schmidty622 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:28 pm

I think your team if great everywhere except closer and 2b if you can sure those two positions up while getting your speed guy youll be set to go

On the trade front, i figure you will never know if someone will reject a trade if you dont offer it. the closed mouth doesnt get fed.

oh and make sure you keep updated on berkmans injury situation because he might not start the beginning of the year
schmidty622 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CBV » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:40 pm

good reply.

i agree that not trying a trade is a loose loose situation. no harm in trying them.

i am actually a little surprised that you think my relief pitching is a concern. keith foulke is the second best reliever in the game next to gagne. he along with affeldt and speier have RP nailed down in my opinion. i thank you for your input though.

orlando hudson i am ok with at second base too. i am mostly concerned about what to do with renteria. coincidently he is my biggest SB producer as of right now, but i have tejada at SS and plenty of bench to take the util spot from him. oh what a pickle lol. :-?

i would love to get crawford, podsednik i was thinking about. renteria for podsednik? i think that is giving up too much on my end. anyone think of a better speedster for renteria (thats realistic)?

cbv

Harris: Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball.

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Home of 2005 World Series Champs! Beverly-South Side Chicago * GO SOX *

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:41 pm

Perhaps you should try for Kaz Matsui. His stock will never be lower and you could do something like

Renteria/O.Hudson
for
Matsui/a pretty good player. You'd sew up a couple of holes at once.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby finchbeak » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:12 pm

I agree with what's been said, but I think you have a problem at 3B. Maybe use Renteria to go for someone like Melvin Mora.
Or what about offering up Tejada for a different superstar? Like Soriano? Renteria is solid at short, and Soriano would give you both speed and a good bat at 2B. Marcus Giles is another possibility.
On the other hand, Tejada is probably the best guy on your team. Hard to let go of that.
finchbeak
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby CBV » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:47 pm

oooh both good suggestions. i dont think i could depart with tejada. i took tejada as 9th overall, soriano went at 11th over all.

the guy who has kaz also has brian roberts. i think i have found the perfect trade opportunity. do you think a straight positional trade would work though?

renteria ss/ hudson 2b for kaz ss/ roberts 2b.

thing is, renteria is slated to swipe around 20 bags this year....

he also has david wright. should i try koskie/renteria for roberts/wright? i really dont need kaz. to trade away renteria for another ss would not make sense. what do you guys think?

cBv

*edit* i like the roberts/wright for koskie/renteria trade more. i would still be stuck with hudson then, would i just move him to a bench spot then?

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:20 pm

I think you can get more than Kaz/Roberts for Renteria/Hudson. Perhaps you could do Kaz/Wright for Renteria/Hudson or Koskie like you suggested. In any case, Kaz will have 2b eligibility 5 games into the season, so no worries there.

Personally, I like Kaz about 5 times as much as roberts. I'd go that way. You could just drop Hudson after 5 games when Kaz gets eligibility. That's what I'd do, at least.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CBV » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:34 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I think you can get more than Kaz/Roberts for Renteria/Hudson. Perhaps you could do Kaz/Wright for Renteria/Hudson or Koskie like you suggested. In any case, Kaz will have 2b eligibility 5 games into the season, so no worries there.

Personally, I like Kaz about 5 times as much as roberts. I'd go that way. You could just drop Hudson after 5 games when Kaz gets eligibility. That's what I'd do, at least.

kaz over roberts? really? even though roberts will break the 30sb plateau?

i have kaz at 13hr/53rbi/92runs/23sb/286 avg
i have roberts at 5hr/51rbi/104runs/33sb/276 avg

i think the sb totals overpower the hr/avg differences. what do you think? im glad you replied, keep em coming :-D

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:50 pm

Well, I'm pretty optimistic about Kaz. He was great in Japan and struggled with MLB pitching until he got used to it. But then he hit -what - .336 in July? I think he adjusted.

Look at the leap the other Matsui made after his first season in the bigs. And now look for a similar jump for Kaz.

.320/20 homers/100 runs/75 rbis/25 stolen bases

As for Brian Roberts... he's not a bad choice. He's solid, if unspectacular.

Something like

.270/5/90/50/30 seems pretty likely.

So it's one of those personal decisions. It's upside (kaz) v. reliability (roberts). I'd choose Kaz, but I wouldn't blame you for taking Roberts.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CBV » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:04 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Well, I'm pretty optimistic about Kaz. He was great in Japan and struggled with MLB pitching until he got used to it. But then he hit -what - .336 in July? I think he adjusted.

Look at the leap the other Matsui made after his first season in the bigs. And now look for a similar jump for Kaz.

.320/20 homers/100 runs/75 rbis/25 stolen bases

As for Brian Roberts... he's not a bad choice. He's solid, if unspectacular.

Something like

.270/5/90/50/30 seems pretty likely.

So it's one of those personal decisions. It's upside (kaz) v. reliability (roberts). I'd choose Kaz, but I wouldn't blame you for taking Roberts.

very nice post! i think you have swayed me in favor of kaz now...the benefit/risk is worth it to go for him. i must admit i think kaz is more exciting of a player than roberts too heh. although i try not to let that factor in for fantasy. i am gonna go ahead with the trade proposal then.

renteria/koskie for kaz/wright. i already have tejada so even if it doesnt work out i wont be hurt to badly. and your right i can just drop hudson as soon as kaz is eligible for 2b.

i will propose it tonight, i will keep you posted on what happens.

cbv

Crisco Bardol Vagisil
CBV
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team