PLEASE RATE!! NEED SUGGESTIONS!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

PLEASE RATE!! NEED SUGGESTIONS!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PLEASE RATE!! NEED SUGGESTIONS!!

Postby broncoballer07 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:06 pm

Yahoo 12 Team Roto League

Scoring Catagories:
Hitting: avg,hr,runs,rbi's,sb
Pitching: w,saves,k's,era,whip

Focused on a balance team....lacking speed though

C: A.J. Pierzinski
1B: T. Helton
2B. C. Utley
SS: P. Feliz
3B: M. Mora
OF: G. Sheffield
OF: C. Patterson
OF: A. Rowand
Util: T. Hafner
Bench: T. Iguchi
Bench: J. Dye
Bench: A. Kearns

SP: M. Prior
SP: C. Pavano
RP: F. Cordero
RP: J. Isringhausen
P: M. Buehrle
P: J. Affledt
P: B. Penny
Bench: D. Davis
Bench: R. Madison (Middle Reliever)

Let me know what you guys think...anything to improve besides steals? Possible trade bait??
broncoballer07
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris8 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:15 pm

I think you could use a better SS. Feliz is great as a back-up in several positions, but I don't think he warrants a starting spot. But he may prove me wrong!

What hitters are available on the WW? If there is someone you could slot into the util spot, I'd be tempted to trade Hafner for Rollins, if possible. I think you can afford to lose Hafner, and Rollins would give you an upgrade at SS and help with SBs.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby HocChe » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:22 pm

I like Rowand, but I'd watch out with Utley. Ed Wade has been saying Utley will start, but knowing Wishy-washy Ed, he'll try to get Charlie Manueal to put in Polanco relatively often. I'd get an extra 2B just in case.
New Guy
HocChe
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dmouth14 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:07 pm

I think Feliz could have a good season in SF this year, but if you want to upgrade in steals a little bit for a low premium SS, I would take a look at David Eckstein and if he is available on the WW, or if you can grab him as a second player in a trade somewhere else. He will most likely be leading off for a potent St. Louis offense, and should score a lot of runs this year with somewhere around 20-25 SB.
dmouth14
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby broncoballer07 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:28 pm

yeah, i know my ss and 2b are weak because everytime i was about pick up a decent 2b/ss they were snatched right before..god it was sooo frustrating!! As for a backup 2b, t. iguchi is stretch, but sadly the best avail. talent on the market. Im hoping he will provide steals along with a decent avg. (.275+). I agree about the hafner trade...would you think furcal would be better for run and steals than rollins??
broncoballer07
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dmouth14 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:31 pm

Rollins new manager has predicted 70 steals for his SS, and is going to give him the green light much more than in past years. Furcal should also bump up his production this year both in power numbers as well as steals, as he is nearing the end of his contract. Either of these two players could best the other, but they should come out fairly even.
dmouth14
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team