BMRB Sweet 16 - Pearl Jam beats Sublime, 19-11 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BMRB Sweet 16 - Pearl Jam beats Sublime, 19-11

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sublime or Pearl Jam

Poll ended at Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Sublime
37%
Pearl Jam
63%

Total votes : 30

BMRB Sweet 16 - Pearl Jam beats Sublime, 19-11

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:58 pm

Sublime

Sublime beat Anthrax in Round 1
and Tool in Round 2

Image Image Image Image Image

Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam beat Beta Band in Round 1
and The Offspring in Round 2

Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by ironman on Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Pearl Jam without a shadow of a doubt. this would have been a great battle between tool and PJ. for shame subime should know its place ;-)
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:24 pm

First time in this contest I like both bands equally....gotta go with sublime. Pearl Jam turned to crap with their later CD's and left a bad taste.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:33 pm

hmmm. i dunno who to vote for. pearl jam used to be one of my favourite bands, but i haven't picked up one of their CDs for quite a while. back when i used to listen to pearl jam a lot, i didn't really listen to sublime, but things have changed a bit...

ok. i'll go for the underdog. ;-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:36 pm

Wow, this really should be no contest here. Pearl Jam is much better than Sublime. PJ is one of the few bands that hasn't released a complete dud of an album in their career. Although Vitalogy is my favorite of their albums, their later stuff like Yield and Binaural are outstanding. I haven't listened to Riot Act quite enough to get a good feel for that one.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:44 pm

ironman wrote:Wow, this really should be no contest here. Pearl Jam is much better than Sublime. PJ is one of the few bands that hasn't released a complete dud of an album in their career. Although Vitalogy is my favorite of their albums, their later stuff like Yield and Binaural are outstanding. I haven't listened to Riot Act quite enough to get a good feel for that one.

man, i can't stand binaural...yield is awesome, it was the first pearl jam cd i got, then i got pearl jam live on two legs....and that's prolly the CD i have listened the most in my life...i also like ten a lot.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby BigMusky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:03 pm

If you started out listening to the good stuff first, like Ten, you probably can not stand Yield or any of that other crap after that. I would say everything after Vitalogy was a complete dud.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:23 pm

BigMusky wrote:If you started out listening to the good stuff first, like Ten, you probably can not stand Yield or any of that other crap after that. I would say everything after Vitalogy was a complete dud.

I disagree. I think Pearl Jam continues to put out quality albums. Obviously there sound has evolved but that's a good thing. They can't keep rehashing things they did on Ten and Vs. They'd have been out of this game long ago. How many of those bands from the Alt-Grunge explosion of the early 90's are still around today? I'll admit that when you're so use to their early albums the newer stuff can be somewhat uninviting at first listen. I really didn't like Binaural the first time I heard it, but after a couple more listens I really got into it and now I like it a lot.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:34 pm

BigMusky wrote:If you started out listening to the good stuff first, like Ten, you probably can not stand Yield or any of that other crap after that. I would say everything after Vitalogy was a complete dud.

not so. ive been a PJ fan since ten and i love all of their stuff they have done. while some efforts are better than others they dont attempt to recreate the same sound after each album like alot of bands. whether you like it or not they try to be original on each release. ten is one of the greatest rock albums of all time and trying to compare it to any of their other albums is really not fair. just think about haw many other bands brought out a classic first album (say STP for example) and failed to bring out anything any where near as good. id say the only album that really didnt appeal to me was no code. theat album they attempted to sound like neil young (since he was a big influence to eddie and the rest at the time. they played on one of his songs on the single relase merkinball for his album mirroball which eddie sang backup vocals for one of the tracks.and was relesed around the same time) and even that album had a couple really good songs on it (ie red mosquito and hail hail).

edit well it appears my long wind blown post took to long and ironman beat me to the the exact same point. ah well 2 guys with almost the same overall opinion on a band means we be right and yall be wrong :-D
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:56 pm

Death to Sublime!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert