College Hoops - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

College Hoops

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BigMusky » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:14 am

Anyone see what Pitt did to Boston College tonight? Guess Kentucky is going to be a #1 seed, what a joke. About Kansas, I can not write that team into the final four no matter what. They got blownout by VIllinova, lost to Iowa State at home, should have lost the Okie St game at home too. There is just something amiss about that team and I dont like Self in big games. Learned from experience. There are only two teams that I dont think it matters who is in their bracket and they have a good shot and that is UNC and Illinois. Illini have had let downs that other teams have had, but still won. Dismiss that as luck and they are still a team that shows up and throttles people in big games.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:16 am

ironman wrote:Hey what about Northern Iowa? Go Panthers!!! :-D

UNI would have to pull another upset in the MVC tourney again to make the Big Dance. The way things are looking Southern Illinois and maybe Wichita State will be the ones to beat. Not to mention Creighton is always hanging around.

;-D ;-D I'm hoping they make the tournament but like you said they'll probably have to win the conference tournament to make it.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:19 am

Right now I think the final four will be Illinois, UNC, Kentucky and OK ST.....with Illinois, UNC, Kentucky, and Wake getting the 1 seeds....Sorry BC fans....slipped a little to late... :-)

Also a team that is going to reek havoc in the tourney that no one is watching is Pacific....I don't think they will make the elite 8...but somebody big will fall to them.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:22 am

You know what they say wins NCAA championships? Guardplay. Guess who starts 3 excellent guards? Illinois. The Illini will win it all this year.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby free » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:05 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:You know what they say wins NCAA championships? Guardplay. Guess who starts 3 excellent guards? Illinois. The Illini will win it all this year.

speaking of guards reminds me of arizona a few years ago w/ bibby, simon, and so on...similar to illinois perhaps :-?
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fireball Express » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:23 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:You know what they say wins NCAA championships? Guardplay. Guess who starts 3 excellent guards? Illinois. The Illini will win it all this year.

Exactly my strategy in NCAA pools. ;-D
Of course I lost last year's pool. :-t
I picked Illinois last year and will probably do it again this year with that returning cast.

Now, which lesser ranked teams have good guards? These teams could pull off an early round upset.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ironman » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:45 am

Mustangs989 wrote:
ironman wrote:Hey what about Northern Iowa? Go Panthers!!! :-D

UNI would have to pull another upset in the MVC tourney again to make the Big Dance. The way things are looking Southern Illinois and maybe Wichita State will be the ones to beat. Not to mention Creighton is always hanging around.

;-D ;-D I'm hoping they make the tournament but like you said they'll probably have to win the conference tournament to make it.

Did you see Jacobsen's buzzer beater three to beat Wichita State last night made Sportscenter's Top Ten? When he's on, he can be absolutely lights out.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby GEBaseball3 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:34 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:Right now I think the final four will be Illinois, UNC, Kentucky and OK ST.....with Illinois, UNC, Kentucky, and Wake getting the 1 seeds....Sorry BC fans....slipped a little to late... :-)

Also a team that is going to reek havoc in the tourney that no one is watching is Pacific....I don't think they will make the elite 8...but somebody big will fall to them.... ;-D

So where would you put KU considering they beat both Kentucky and Okla St. By watching the KU OKLA ST. game, both played excellent, my final 4 picks right now before brackets are KU, Okla St., Illinois and Georgia Tech (suprise team)
someone said Bill Self can't win a big game that is exactly why NC won't make it, look at Roy what big game has he won, especially with all those great KU teams he had? I predict NC gets upset in rnd.2
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
-Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
GEBaseball3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby irishdude103 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:41 pm

go Huskies, not them damn UConn guys, Washington ;-D :-D
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:56 am

GEBaseball3 wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:Right now I think the final four will be Illinois, UNC, Kentucky and OK ST.....with Illinois, UNC, Kentucky, and Wake getting the 1 seeds....Sorry BC fans....slipped a little to late... :-)

So where would you put KU considering they beat both Kentucky and Okla St. By watching the KU OKLA ST. game, both played excellent, my final 4 picks right now before brackets are KU, Okla St., Illinois and Georgia Tech (suprise team)
someone said Bill Self can't win a big game that is exactly why NC won't make it, look at Roy what big game has he won, especially with all those great KU teams he had? I predict NC gets upset in rnd.2

I like KU and their chances to go pretty deep in the tourny...but the 3 losses in a row to Iowa St, OK and TT hurt them...depending on how they do in the big 12 tourney I think a 2-3 seed is where they will end up....Wayne Simien is going to be the key to their run... :-)

GT is gonna need a run in the ACC tourney to even make the show...I am not sold on them being in right now....a win at Clemson and a win in the ACC tourney should get them in though...but a run to the final four... :-? ...BJ Elder is really gonna have to step up big for them... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk