College Hoops - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

College Hoops

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

College Hoops

Postby BigMusky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:14 pm

Here is my report on teams that matter. So if I didnt mention you, you dont matter.

Illinois, still undefeated, wish they played more quality teams in the second half of season.

UNC, finally proved to me that they are capable of winning it all by winning at Maryland and UCONN

Duke, final four contender with right bracket

Wake, same as Duke

Okie St, Kansas, Kentucky...solid teams in what I think are the two worst major conferences. I dont like any of these teams but I know will make the final four. I was high on Okie state, but not after Nebraska and Kansas beat them.

Arizona, Washington...I like Washington better out of the two.

Oklahoma, Michigan St are my two first round upset picks.

Big East I never watch, so I have no clue. Uconn, BC and Pitt seem to playing very well and Syracuse is always a threat with that gay zone.

Gonzaga, Utah...please, that is not even funny.

Alabama and Maryland are some other upset picks for you ;-D

The conference tournements are going to be huge this year in deciding some number one seeds.

Here is my guarantee for you when filling out your brackets. A #1 seed will win it all. That gives you about a 33% chance because one of them will obviously suck and have no chance because of a wicked hard bracket. 10 out of the last 15 champions were #1 seeds, the last two have not been so the law of averages is saying it is a good bet one of them will win it this year. B-)
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:23 pm

for all you Hoosier fans, get ready for the NIT unless Wisconsin throws the game for you tomorrow. Beating a MSU does not mean a bid for you after you lost 11 other games (soon to be 12 or more).
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby GEBaseball3 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:07 pm

Im guessing a #2 seed will win it all unless KU ends up with a #1. The Jayhawks, struggling lately but looked great yesterday and shot 70% with Big Dub putting up 32 points. KU looks like a lock for the Final Four and hopefully can win the National Championship
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
-Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
GEBaseball3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:48 pm

I hope you are right about Duke. Without Dockery I dont see them making it to the final 4.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby hayseed » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:07 pm

GEBaseball3 wrote:KU looks like a lock for the Final Four and hopefully can win the National Championship

I would hardly call a team that loses three games in a row, two against below-average teams, a lock for the final four.

I think UNC is as close as it comes to a lock, all depending on the bracket they end up in. Illinois hasn't been playing a tough enough schedule, same with BC, and the other ACC teams have all had major letdowns to weaker teams.
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hayseed » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:08 pm

By the way, I'll be running my NCAA march madness tournament over on the football cafe again this season.

I know a lot of you baseball guys participated last season, so I encourage you to compete again this year. Maybe your side can beat the football side this season.
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:11 pm

Hey what about Northern Iowa? Go Panthers!!! :-D

UNI would have to pull another upset in the MVC tourney again to make the Big Dance. The way things are looking Southern Illinois and maybe Wichita State will be the ones to beat. Not to mention Creighton is always hanging around.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby GEBaseball3 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:53 pm

hayseed wrote:
GEBaseball3 wrote:KU looks like a lock for the Final Four and hopefully can win the National Championship

I would hardly call a team that loses three games in a row, two against below-average teams, a lock for the final four.

I think UNC is as close as it comes to a lock, all depending on the bracket they end up in. Illinois hasn't been playing a tough enough schedule, same with BC, and the other ACC teams have all had major letdowns to weaker teams.

you talk about KU losing three in a row, then you mention NC being basically a lock, has there been a more overrated underachieving team for the talent the last three years then NC?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
-Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
GEBaseball3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:08 am

hayseed wrote:By the way, I'll be running my NCAA march madness tournament over on the football cafe again this season.

I know a lot of you baseball guys participated last season, so I encourage you to compete again this year. Maybe your side can beat the football side this season.

Let us know when you get it up and running.... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk