Da Rotation?!? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Seattle Mariners

Da Rotation?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which rotation would you like to see opening day?

Piniero, Moyer, Meche, Madritsch, Franklin
60%
Pin, Moyer, Meche, Mad, Campillo
10%
Pin, Moyer, Meche, Mad, Sele
10%
Pin, Moyer, Meche, Mad, Hernandez
20%
Something else?
No votes

Total votes : 10

Da Rotation?!?

Postby BGbootha » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:00 pm

If I had my choice I would like to see (barring a good ST of course) Campillo or Sele get the job over franklin, I have never really been a huge franklin fan, and although I love Felix i just don't think he is ready at 18 for the bigs, send him down to tacoma for atleast the first half of the season.

Besides i would much rather pay $5 at Cheney Stadium to see him and be able to walk home!!!!!!!
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Da Rotation?!?

Postby irishdude103 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:38 pm

BGbootha wrote:If I had my choice I would like to see (barring a good ST of course) Campillo or Sele get the job over franklin, I have never really been a huge franklin fan, and although I love Felix i just don't think he is ready at 18 for the bigs, send him down to tacoma for atleast the first half of the season.

Besides i would much rather pay $5 at Cheney Stadium to see him and be able to walk home!!!!!!!

lol that is sweet but i like the idea of getting him up young
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:10 pm

As of right now, I'd be content with Franklin as the opening day #5 starter. He isn't the greatest, but what #5 guy is? He keeps the team competitive during his games and eats up innings. Can't ask for much more than that, methinks.

Aaron Sele was washed up before he left Seattle a few years ago. I'd like to see him return to form, but I would be very surprised.

I don't know much about Campillo - I'm excited to see him play, though.

It'd be awesome of Felix were ready to be pushed into the rotation, but we'll see.

I think that the best spot for Franklin is probably in long-relief, but he's a mighty serviceable starter, methinks. I just don't see him losing his job in spring training...

One thing I could see is Jamie Moyer losing his job by the All-Star break to Felix... assuming his play from last season reers its ugly head again. :-o
[size=9]"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Madison hates The 'Cuna...[/size]
Canacuna Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby echrisl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:33 am

No way I ever want to see Sele start another M's game ever again. *shudder*

I think Franklin has what it takes, he just seems to suffer from poor run support ... which isn't his fault.
echrisl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:40 pm

Franlklin is a decent 5 SP. If you give him run support and play good defense. I does givr up a few HRs now and then, but overall he is good for the 5 hole.

When we signed Sele, I was thinking what the heck are the Mariners thinking. That guy can't hit the broad side of a barn if he was standing next to it. As someone said before, he was washed up when he left the first time.
SeaWolf
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sticky Spice » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:47 am

Well I think we would all like to see Madritsch as the #4 because that would mean he had a good spring.

I agree with most here and hope Franklin makes it. The innings-eater comment is very true. In our park you can make mistakes. It is in our team's best interests if Franklin makes #5.

I am excited over the Hernandez hype, but I think it's a mistake to not be patient. I want this guy to be good for us for as long as possible, and I don't wanna mess him up somehow.

It doesn't matter to me what he COULD do for the M's, what matters to me is the big picture. I just hope our guys make the right decisions with him. If they send him out there I just hope he's the kinda guy that can take it this early.
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 42)

sele

Postby lazyeye » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:19 am

sele was doing really good during spring training and he should have the last spot
lazyeye
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby so0perspam » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:22 am

Mar. 26, 2005 - 11:43 am et

Manager Mike Hargrove said he has talked with GM Bill Bavasi about handing the fifth starting job to Aaron Sele after his stellar spring.

Bavais wouldn't give the go-ahead, though, with Ryan Franklin still in the mix. The M's appear uncertain about what to do with Franklin, who has allowed 11 earned runs in 16 innings.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Seattle Mariners