pathetic - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

pathetic

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:51 pm

acsguitar wrote:In eigth grade a kid was sleeping at lucnh so I put a pretzel stick in his ear...I didn't jam it or anything just placed it in there....The stupid retarded Nun saw me... Made me write a paper and told my future highschool that I was a danger to society..my parents had to go meet with the highschool to show that I wasn't...I hate catholic school and nuns

AMEN! I second that! I also went to catholic school and man they were rough
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:18 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah when I was in school there were a butt-load of gangs. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I was pretty good with a bo staff. :-b

That movie is just too funny. ;-D

I don't think there are many "gangs" in the town I live in...it's pretty quiet. I think kids are allowed to get away with way too much these days (thanks to the legal system and the psychiatrists), but giving them 10 days out of school suspension for shooting a rubber band seems a little crazy, and I doubt it really does anything to the kid. "Goody; I get to sit at home for two weeks!" That's most kid's dream.

You've got to take something away from them that they like doing or make them do something they don't like to do...whatever that may be. That might actually make them think about shaping up. But, I don't have kids and don't profess to be a marvel with children by any stretch of the word. :-/
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:37 pm

Madison wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The more I read about this sort of thing in public education the more convinced I am that homeschooling my kids is the way to go.

I've been considering that for my son next year as well. The only thing that bugs me about homeschooling him is I believe he needs the social interaction with other kids his age. Makes it a tough decision. Right now I'm just leaning at putting him in a different school.

I think homeschool is becoming a better option, too. Of course, federal vouchers would be the best, but that's a different topic.

You're seriously concerned about social interaction? Do you think he'll regret never knowing someone who's got the hookup on a phat sack?

What you should do is get a group of parents who are interested in homeschooling, have similar views to yours, and don't have enough time/money to do it all themself. Start a "school" of your own where each of you can take time to teach to the group of kids yourself. This provides a personalized education while giving your kids social interaction. Depending on the size of your homes, you could do anywhere from 8-15 kids at once. Throw in children's church, youth groups, and local rec facilities (for sports) and you have yourself a full childhood education.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:26 am

RyanK wrote:Whats wrong with middle school kids now adays... In my town there are local middle school gangs.. the 233 and the 123 and this other one.

What the heck kind of gang is that? Are they using their prison numbers now? Lol. :-b

Sheesh, I grew up surrounded by the Bloods, Crips, Latino Kings, Death Merchants, etc. Who the heck is the 223 or the 123 or the 416-KY? Lol. :-b Those are gang names? Lmao. Too funny. :-D

Edit: So busy laughing at the wanna-be gangs that I forgot about the home schooling suff. :-b

As to the home school, I'm probably just going to put him in a better school next year. If there are still issues, then I'll take a good look at the home school road. ;-)
Last edited by Madison on Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:29 am

Madison wrote:Who the heck is the 223 or the 123 or the 416-KY? Lol. :-b Those are gang names? Lmao. Too funny. :-D

Math gangs. Chess and science clubs gone bad. Very dangerous. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:29 am

Yep my middle school had a few gangs too. Usually it was just kids acting tough and trying to be cool, but one of them is now in jail for stabbing to death another kid at my school... so it did progress eventually. And this is in Canada, I can only imagine what it's like in the States.

But the rubber band thing... jeez, discipline him but don't kick him out of school.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk