pathetic - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

pathetic

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 am

I may be in the minority but I think that the only way to get kids today to start actiing mature is to enforce these rules to the fullest.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:25 am

I agree with those of you who doubt the story. This kid shot the rubber band at the teacher. This is why I couldn't be a teacher because I'd be in jail after kicking his ass. :-D

I got suspened from school in the 1st grade for shooting the bus driver with a water gun. Can't say it made be a better person but 10 days doesn't seem to severe to me.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Biohazard » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:26 am

GEBaseball3 wrote:
TheRock wrote:
Gomez said when his science teacher demanded the rubber band, the student said he tossed it on her desk.

Somehow I think there's likely more to the story than he "tossed it on her desk". But still, a rubber band?

Yea im sure it was more of a shot then a toss, but im sure it made science way more interesting :-D

Yeah, I am totally stoked for my Physics class tomorrow! ;-D
Biohazard Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:06 pm

In eigth grade a kid was sleeping at lucnh so I put a pretzel stick in his ear...I didn't jam it or anything just placed it in there....The stupid retarded Nun saw me... Made me write a paper and told my future highschool that I was a danger to society..my parents had to go meet with the highschool to show that I wasn't...I hate catholic school and nuns
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:In eigth grade a kid was sleeping at lucnh so I put a pretzel stick in his ear...I didn't jam it or anything just placed it in there....The stupid retarded Nun saw me... Made me write a paper and told my future highschool that I was a danger to society..my parents had to go meet with the highschool to show that I wasn't...I hate catholic school and nuns

that seriously followed you to high school?

All I do is shake my head anymore about the state of the world we live in.

The punishment regarding the rubberband: Im also sure their was more to it than "tossing it on the teachers desk" or whatever - but at the same time - I have another solution, that wouldnt retard his education and permanantly affect his record: detention. Novel idea, I know, but it just may work. ;-7

The more I read about this sort of thing in public education the more convinced I am that homeschooling my kids is the way to go.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The more I read about this sort of thing in public education the more convinced I am that homeschooling my kids is the way to go.

I've been considering that for my son next year as well. The only thing that bugs me about homeschooling him is I believe he needs the social interaction with other kids his age. Makes it a tough decision. Right now I'm just leaning at putting him in a different school.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:02 pm

Madison wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:The more I read about this sort of thing in public education the more convinced I am that homeschooling my kids is the way to go.

I've been considering that for my son next year as well. The only thing that bugs me about homeschooling him is I believe he needs the social interaction with other kids his age. Makes it a tough decision. Right now I'm just leaning at putting him in a different school.

I bet there are a number of programs in your area that you could enrole your son into that will help him develop socially - whether its sports teams, art classes at the local art institute, classes at the local Y, or any number of things.

Personally, I think the idea that homeschooled kids lack social skills is a big fresh load of doo. I guarantee you wouldnt be able to pick out the homeschooled kids from a lineup of 18 year olds - unless of course they have to take a test, then the intelligence gap would be a dead giveaway. }:-)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RyanK » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:16 pm

Whats wrong with middle school kids now adays... In my town there are local middle school gangs.. the 233 and the 123 and this other one. They had a fight and kids got "arrested" (sent home to mom and dad) they were using steak knives and pelet guns. Our local police chief said "at least they arent using AK47s and meat cleavers.." that went over well in the town :-o

I live in West Hartford, Connecticut, if anyone knows about it is a rich/not ghetto town. The only ghetto around is in the middle of Hartford.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:28 pm

Yeah when I was in school there were a butt-load of gangs. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I was pretty good with a bo staff. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:57 pm

RyanK wrote:Whats wrong with middle school kids now adays... In my town there are local middle school gangs.. the 233 and the 123 and this other one. They had a fight and kids got "arrested" (sent home to mom and dad) they were using steak knives and pelet guns. Our local police chief said "at least they arent using AK47s and meat cleavers.." that went over well in the town :-o

I live in West Hartford, Connecticut, if anyone knows about it is a rich/not ghetto town. The only ghetto around is in the middle of Hartford.

My buddy lives in Weathersfield definitly not a ghetto
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk