Baez may be traded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Baez may be traded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stumpak » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:05 pm

Make a ton of sense--the Met's bullpen is horrendus once you get past Looper and DeJean. You knew the Mets would trade for someone inb the bullpen before the season starts--you don't blow millions on Prdro and Beltran and then miss the playoffs because your middle relievers low 10 wins.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:13 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:
ensanimal wrote:baez cannot leave to be a set-up man. pokerplaya would have too much fun at my expense for that. ;-7 :-b

I almost posted in this thread to congratulate you on your wonderful buy. ;-7 :-b

Crud I have Baez in the Funky 14 .... noooo :-/ .

if I take Colome with my next pick, how much will you give me for him? :-D

Don't push your luck Nipples. }:-)

what is this? funky 14 hijacking the thread? :-b :-D

I have no idea what you're talking about. :-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:13 pm

The Mets have plenty of depth to provide competition for the bullpen spots during spring training. They also have Strickland coming back this year and some others that get overlooked. The Mets bullpen isn't that horrendous and every year all around baseball bullpens are volatile.

Last year at this time the media was talking about how the bullpen was one of the Mets bright spots. Well we know how that turned out. This year it's the exact opposite. I'm not saying that the Mets bullpen will be great but it's "good enough" right now and has enough talent to start the season. Personally I think they should give it a chance to play out. If the Mets are playing like a contender and the bullpen is an obvious flaw then you fix it.

It's a little premature to give up talent for bullpen help when no one has any clue how the bullpen is going to turn out.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:22 pm

but if he can hold himself in the closer role, then you'd be kicking yourself for not snagging him for the WW when you had the chance. even if you are not in need of a closer...you can always trade later...closer is a valuable asset in fantasy and certainly a onwer in your league will be looking for some more SVs.

I agree in theory, but I temper that opinion when they are on a team that is likely to lose a lot more games than they win, especially one that has to face Boston, NY and Baltimore a lot of the time. This is also talking about drafting this closer, not picking him up off of FA lists. In our league at least there is probably always someone to draft over an unproven closer on a bad team, even if its just more SP depth to use on two start weeks. Other leagues may differ.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby warrick95 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:23 pm

Excellent. I haven't figured out why we need a half-decent closer anyway. It's not like we're getting anywhere. So if they were willing to trade Kazmir for Zambrano, could we get Milledge or Petit for Baez? :-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers