Different player ratings for H2H... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Different player ratings for H2H...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Different player ratings for H2H...

Postby beltrans_boy » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:48 pm

While I was doing my projections/rankings, I started thinking about how stats translate differently in Roto and H2H leagues. Take, for instance, Jason Kendall when he was on the Pirates. He was a valuable catcher because he would steal between 10 and 15 bases every year (to go with the high average); something that no other catcher would do. Now here's my question:

How valuable are those stolen bases in a H2H league? In Roto leagues, 15 SBs have tremendous value, especially coming from the catcher spot, but in H2H, that averages out to less than 1 SB every week, which is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. It seems to me that things like wins and SBs aren't as important in projecting value in H2H league since they are so rare (relative to things like RBI, HRs and Ks).

Same situation: People are saying that Vlad is one of the most valuable hitters because on top of destroying 4/5 offensive stat categories, he can also steal 15 bases every season. Do those stolen bases have much value (if any at all) in a H2H league? Obviously Vlad is a top hitter, but in H2H does the "SB argument" for his value over someone like Albert Pujols, hold as much weight? I don't think so. It seems to me like in H2H, it would be more beneficial to target 1 pure hitter (like a Manny or a Pujols) and 1 pure speedster (like a Juan Pierre or a Carl Crawford) instead of multiple hitters who do both.

What do you guys think? Which players (like the Jason Kendall of last year) will be overrated in H2H this year?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AtlDynasty25 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:28 pm

I completely agree, I don't even worry about SB's in my H2H league, I just punt them. As far as kendall goes, i don't think he will be over-valued, as he will still hit over 310 with 90 runs. I like to draft guys with high BA's, so kendall will still be on my team, regardless of the fact that I am punting SB's.
AtlDynasty25
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers