Keeper League Redraft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper League Redraft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Spartans Rule » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:39 pm

Age is not a factor for this pick. Period.

You keep 6 players. It would be hard to imagine you not keeping A-Rod, Abreu, Ollie, Morneau and Bay again next year. And assuming you don't trade them, you'll probably keep them the next 5 years. The only keeper you MAY need to replace is Hoffman. And even if you do replace Hoffman, you don't have to think that long-term, because you can always replace that guy after a year or two.

Odds are the player you take here won't be on your roster in 2-3 years, so it's silly to worry about how they'll perform then.

I'd take Halladay, just because I think he'll be the best this year. If you think Clemens will outperform Halladay this year, then by all means take him.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:03 pm

Spartans Rule wrote:Age is not a factor for this pick. Period.

You keep 6 players. It would be hard to imagine you not keeping A-Rod, Abreu, Ollie, Morneau and Bay again next year. And assuming you don't trade them, you'll probably keep them the next 5 years. The only keeper you MAY need to replace is Hoffman. And even if you do replace Hoffman, you don't have to think that long-term, because you can always replace that guy after a year or two.

Odds are the player you take here won't be on your roster in 2-3 years, so it's silly to worry about how they'll perform then.

I'd take Halladay, just because I think he'll be the best this year. If you think Clemens will outperform Halladay this year, then by all means take him.

The player you keep may not be on your roster, but the guys you trade him for may be. And anyone of those 5 other keepers could get injured.

Age always matters. And in a keeper league, you need to reframe your thinking into how can I give myself a chance to win every year, rather than just this year.

It's the same thing as playing small ball. If you play for one run, that may be all you get.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers