Acquired Pujols recently. Please eval roster. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Acquired Pujols recently. Please eval roster.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Acquired Pujols recently. Please eval roster.

Postby DonkeyKong » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:11 pm

Yahoo 5x6(add shutouts) Roto, non-keeper

C Kendall
1B Giambi
2B Junior Spivey/Hairston
SS Rollins
3B Pujols

OF
Abreu
Walker
Kearns

Util Glaus

Bench: Matsui

D.L. Griffey

SP
Pedro
Morris
Vazquez
Woody Williams
Damian Moss
Brett Myers

RP
Wagner
Mesa
Borowski
Alfonseca (DL)

Thanks a lot in advance!
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." - Tom Seaver
DonkeyKong
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roster Adjustment

Postby cradle_master2001 » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:48 pm

Well first off I would like to say that Kendall is a great catcher; however, I just don't think that he is good enough to help you to win that much. If there is any way in the world that you can pick up Ivan Rodriguez, Jorge Posada, Mike Lieberthal, or Ramon Hernandez, those guys are a bit "better" than Kendall in my opinion.

Giambi would be a great 1st baseman, but he's just not swinging his bat often enough to be effective at the plate. Any 1st baseman who can produce hits, home runs, and walks without being struck out too often would be better than Giambi, who has only produced 19 hits this season.

I like your pick of Jerry Hairston, Jr. at 2nd base, I like how he has played through this season, and I think he could be a very important part of your roster. If someone better comes up, though, like Alfonso Soriano, grab him. Make sure you get rid of Spivey, however; his production over the past month has been nothing short of horrible.

Pujols is an excellent choice for 3rd base; keep him.

Rollins is an all-right shortstop, but there are better out there. If A-Rod comes up, or someone like him, grab 'em!

Through a draft, I don't think it's possible, without rigging the draft, to have a better outfield lineup. Keep them all!

Now, to the spot I know best about: Pitching. If Mike MacDougal is still available, take him no matter what; his performance this year is nothing short of spectacular. Besides the obvious names in pitching, like Mussina, Loaiza, and Prior, there are little-known pitchers (at least around here) like Eric Gagne, who over the course of 12 games, has a 0.00 ERA with 24 strikeouts. Other than [all]that, you're good to go DK!
cradle_master2001
T-Ball Trainer

Postby DonkeyKong » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:12 pm

Thank you for the opinions, cradle. Now don't take this the wrong way, but I'm a little confused about your comments re: Giambi.

You're not suggesting that Giambi is a problem, are you? I didn't quite understand what you were saying about him, but he's NOT GOING ANYWHERE! The guy's started off slowly, but he's a proven STUD at 1B. I have to say, if you're in any way suggesting that someone drop Jason Giambi, then you're giving advice where you really shouldn't be. (Look at me, a Red Sox fan, defending a Yankee!)

I do appreciate the time you put into that posting, cradle, but do yourself a favor. In future, don't make a suggestion like that! If I've misunderstood your response, I'm sorry.

Take care.

P.S. Anyone else like to weigh in in my lineup -- thanks in advance.
"There are only two places in the league - first place and no place." - Tom Seaver
DonkeyKong
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby isis » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:27 pm

Overall its a good team. And I agree Giambi isnt going nowhere.
isis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DonkeyKong » Thu May 01, 2003 11:37 am

anyone else?
DonkeyKong
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rayt132 » Thu May 01, 2003 7:26 pm

how can you say gange a little known pitcher besides smoltz he's the best closer to have
rayt132
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team