Save Toby!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Save Toby!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:19 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I noticed the name difference as well. Maybe it's JT in our league instead. :-D

LMAO!!! :-b

I just looked at your team...horrible I chose you for last place j/k
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JRM4833 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:I just looked at your team...horrible I chose you for last place j/k

Now that the draft is virtually over (although I'll have one or two spots opening up thanks to Baldelli and Marte) we should see what people think about our teams. Maybe post them and see who's the favorite going into the season. Not sure how many Cafe regulars we have in there but we could at least do our 3 teams. ;-D I'm still not sure how I feel about my team. Keep second guessing some of my picks but I did that last year and came in 3rd out of 16.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:42 pm

JRM4833 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I just looked at your team...horrible I chose you for last place j/k

Now that the draft is virtually over (although I'll have one or two spots opening up thanks to Baldelli and Marte) we should see what people think about our teams. Maybe post them and see who's the favorite going into the season. Not sure how many Cafe regulars we have in there but we could at least do our 3 teams. ;-D I'm still not sure how I feel about my team. Keep second guessing some of my picks but I did that last year and came in 3rd out of 16.

I'm just saying your team stinks for the sake of it..it looks pretty good..even league I think...yea lets definitly get our teams ranked by the cafe I have 4 more picks
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:04 pm

MSNBC.com wrote:Because bunnies are such adorable little critters, people are hopping mad about a Web site called savetoby.com, filled with photos and even a video of a cute rabbit named Toby, accompanied by a threat on his life.

"On June 30, 2005, Toby will die," proclaims an anonymous author on the site. "I am going to eat him. God as my witness, I will devour this little guy unless I receive $50,000 into my account."

The site also contains several recipes for cooking Toby. One, for Lapin Braise, lists as the prime ingredient: "1 Toby cut in serving-sized pieces."

Animal lovers, like Sue Brennan, who runs a shelter called "Rabbit Haven" in Gig Harbor, Washington, are outraged.

"I think it's purely emotional blackmail and it was all designed to get a reaction," says Brennan. "The reaction he is looking for is money."

She and other animal rights activists have been calling for it to be taken down. But GoDaddy.com, an Arizona company that hosts the site, refuses to pull the plug. Bob Parsons, GoDaddy founder and president says, "There's nothing illegal about the Web site. It's perfectly legal to eat a rabbit."

Parsons says he's skeptical about the seriousness of the anonymous threat.

"To be honest," he notes, "we don't know if he's actually going to eat the rabbit. We don't even know if there is a rabbit."

Harebrained idea of two college students
The brains behind savetoby.com are two college students on the east coast who agreed to talk to NBC News on the condition that their identities and location not be disclosed.

"We've been getting tremendously varied responses," says one of the partners. "Many of which include death threats almost on a daily basis."

Asked whether the Web site was a joke, he responded, "No, not at all. As a matter of fact, it's very serious. If we don't get $50,000, we are going to eat the rabbit."

So, how do you save Toby from being put in a cooking pot on June 30? The Web site says you can either buy merchandise, such as T-shirts and coffee mugs, or you can simply donate money to the cause. But after animal lovers besieged PayPal, the online payment company shut down the "save Toby" donations link.

Some animal rights advocates don't think that savetoby.com should be getting any publicity at all, fearing that it will inspire others to do the same thing, causing these schemes to multiply (like you know what) across the Internet, over and over.

So far, the Web site claims it's collected more than $20,000. The other partner in the Save Toby venture also says they have landed a book deal with Kensington Publishing of New York.

"It's going to include some recipes and a really nice picture layout," he says. "And it's also going to include an essay on animal rights activists and why we think they're nuts."

As for those activists, they think that trying to make money off of threatening the life of a rabbit is a pretty harebrained scheme.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:11 pm

Why can't some of these hacker nerds that are wasting their time hacking people's personal identities and celebrity photos and such spend their time tracking these nerds down so someone can beat the crap out of them. It might be legal, but it's just stupid. Go out and get a job if you want money, quit being a freeloader to society profitting on the people's emotions.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:55 pm

slomo007 wrote:Why can't some of these hacker nerds that are wasting their time hacking people's personal identities and celebrity photos and such spend their time tracking these nerds down so someone can beat the crap out of them. It might be legal, but it's just stupid. Go out and get a job if you want money, quit being a freeloader to society profitting on the people's emotions.

have you been to http://www.saveslomo007.com

I hear they will eat him after 6 days!!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:59 pm

acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Why can't some of these hacker nerds that are wasting their time hacking people's personal identities and celebrity photos and such spend their time tracking these nerds down so someone can beat the crap out of them. It might be legal, but it's just stupid. Go out and get a job if you want money, quit being a freeloader to society profitting on the people's emotions.

have you been to http://www.saveslomo007.com

I hear they will eat him after 6 days!!!

Ha, you can send your money to me if you want. O:-)

I'll eat this hamburger if you don't! }:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:05 pm

slomo007 wrote:Ha, you can send your money to me if you want. O:-)

I'll eat this hamburger if you don't! }:-)

Don't you mean bunnyburger?

:D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby acsguitar » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:14 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Bunny Burgers are good ;-D

Mmm bunny burger with carrotts mmmm...
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk