Taking advantage of an owner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Taking advantage of an owner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rico The Retard » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:41 pm

quicksilver8 wrote:In a public league where nobody knows each other, if you don't take advantage of this guy, somebody else will...and already did with the Juan Gonzalez trade. The guy signed up just like everyone else and has a right to play his team however he wants....so, make the offer.

In a private league with people I know, I would never advocate doing something like this.

completly agree, i always take advantage of these people in public leagues ;-D :-b
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deldawg39 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:23 pm

I would leave this league asap....there;s clearly a lack of integrity...and it'll get woese as the season progresses
deldawg39
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deldawg39 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:26 pm

I would leave this league asap....there;s clearly a lack of integrity...and it'll get woese as the season progresses
deldawg39
College Coach
College Coach

Postby giants8307 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:44 pm

deldawg39 wrote:I would leave this league asap....there;s clearly a lack of integrity...and it'll get woese as the season progresses

I've been thinking about that. It's actually a private league that was advertised on yahoo. My friend and I both signed up for it. When we got to the draft, we realized a few of the guys knew each other. They were chatting, and kept using racial slurs. That certainly bothers us, but what's more, one guy called my friend's mom a slut when he rejected a trade offer. How can we leave the league? Ask the commiss to lock our teams? I don't see a "delete team" option.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NY Pinstripes » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:13 am

Unfortunately you are stuck. There is no way to delete a team once you have done the draft in Yahoo. I was in a league last year that I joined with an incredibly abusive commish. I ended up "quitting" the league. My team was in first place comfortably but it was not worth reading insulting email after insulting email to the members of league. So I placed all my players on the bench. I hated to do that to the other league members, but the commish would send a barage of 4 poorly written paragraphsinsulting anyone that sent a suggestion or had an opinion contrary to his. It would have been funny if it were not so pathetic.

I ended up notifying Yahoo but nothing came from it. This year I deleted teams twice before the draft based on what I read in the posts. Being a high school football coach I have no trouble with tough talk, but I do have a major problem when racial slurs or threats of actual physical violence are used. In one of these leagues they actually threatened to kill each other and were very graphic on how they would accomplish this feat. So much for the days of simply saying I will kick your butt!
NY Pinstripes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GEBaseball3 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:45 am

Dude i had a guy just like that in a yahoo league last year, his whole lineup was indians except for like one position. it was ridiculous.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
-Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
GEBaseball3
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers