Rate my team, please! I think it's a good one... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team, please! I think it's a good one...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team, please! I think it's a good one...

Postby Octavian » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:31 pm

Billy Beane Allstars:

C- AJ Peirzynski
1B- Travis Hafner, Mike Sweeney
2B- Jeff Kent, Ronnie Belliard
SS- Mike Young
3B- Casey Blake
OF- Vlad Guerrero, Brian Giles, Jacque Jones, Randy Winn, Corey Patterson

SP- Tim Hudson, Carlos Zambrano, Oliver Perez, CC Sabathia, Brad Penny, Bronson Arroyo, Eric Milton
RP- Brad Lidge, Danny Graves
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby giojohnny » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:53 pm

I like your team. I think you may need to add some speed though. Consider moving kent as he is now in a pitchers park and add some speed.
I'm Surrounded BY idiots and I'm the leader, what the hell does that say for me?
giojohnny Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Victor » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:07 pm

How many teams are in your league?

Your IF is pretty solid, and I think it was good of you to gamble on the Cleveland guys... they could be very productive this year. Your OF is well balanced with both speed and power, and the SPs look pretty solid. I think you may need to grab a second closer: use Graves and a bench player to upgrade to a better guy. You could possibly use some of your lower-end SPs to trade as the season progresses, especially since you're pretty deep at the position.

Check out my team at:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=98508
Victor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Octavian » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:58 pm

giojohnny wrote:I like your team. I think you may need to add some speed though. Consider moving kent as he is now in a pitchers park and add some speed.

Really? Speed? I though I had it covered. Patterson swiped 32 last year, Winn is 20+ every year, Guerrero stole 15, Young stole 13, Jones 13, Giles 10... I figured if they at least put up that this year, and Patterson's total should increase, I'd be okay. In fact, all-toll that lineup stole 126 bases last year.

Victor wrote:How many teams are in your league?

Victor wrote:I think you may need to grab a second closer: use Graves and a bench player to upgrade to a better guy. You could possibly use some of your lower-end SPs to trade as the season progresses, especially since you're pretty deep at the position.

You think? Graves has been pretty damn solid at closer, he picked up 41 last year, and has had 30+ any full season at the position. Lidge is a machine, I figured I could expect another 35-40 save effort from Graves and 50 with 150+ k from Lidge.

Your pitching is your weakness, and SS. Cabrera is a good player to have on a real team, but he isn't much for fantasy. The Angels are a station to station team so his SB total may go down, his average will be about the same (.260ish) and his power numbers will be low.

Move a big bat and upgrade at closer and/or SP.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blade68 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Your team looks solid. I do agree about too many Indians. I don't like to have more than 1 player from a given team. Don't pawn Kent; though in a pitchers park he should be driving in a lot of runs and is a top 2B. You will do OK in the SB department but don't expect to dominate. Good luck ;-D
blade68
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Octavian » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:36 pm

blade68 wrote:Your team looks solid. I do agree about too many Indians. I don't like to have more than 1 player from a given team. Don't pawn Kent; though in a pitchers park he should be driving in a lot of runs and is a top 2B. You will do OK in the SB department but don't expect to dominate. Good luck ;-D

Well, Belliard will back up Kent. Hafner I got in the 14th round and Casey Blake in the 15th. Yes, that late. Couldn't pass them up... it allowed me to draft an unreal pitching staff... how can I lose with Hudson, Zambrano, Perez leading the way? This I ask.

And I don't plan on moving Kent, he's going to hit cleanup... even if his HR numbers go down due to the park, his RBI and Avg will still be up there.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team