How'd I do in this really small league draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How'd I do in this really small league draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How'd I do in this really small league draft?

Postby DaQ » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:22 pm

My firend was urging me to be in his Yahoo league and told me it would be really good. Since it was free, he is my friend, and I didn't have time to make my own Yahoo league (he would have been in it anyway), I agreed. I also wanted to get in the drafting mood for the big dynasty league draft I'll be in next Friday.

Unfortunately, there are only five teams - me, him, our friend who doesn't know everybody, my friend's brother (my friend picked most of his players) and a kid I don't think really knows fantasy baseball all too well. He picked the other owners though, not me -usually, I'll put 8-12 competitive people into the league, but it's his league so it's his decision.

It is a 6X6 league (added walks and innings pitched) and here's how a 30-min draft with these "opponents" stacked up:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... aftresults
(Hopefully it comes up - if it doesn't come up for everyone, reply to this post and I'll try to copy and paste it) :-o

Nevertheless, if you see it, do you think I already have the league won as long as no freak injuries occur? My team is I Am The Champ, my firend is The Vilma's, my friend's brother's team is the Monstars and the other two teams are those other people, both of whom just used the Yahoo rankings.

P.S. I made a pitching change - I picked up Brad Radke and dropped Greg Maddux because I think he may be a better all-around pitcher this year. Livan Hernandez is also oavailable, but I picked up Radke b/c of his WHIP and ERA.

Considering this league is almost not really a league with only five owners, it may be tough to judge.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:43 pm

If this makes it easier, here is my lineup as of right now (just something to read):

C - Varitek (just waited till the end of the draft to take a catcher)
1B - Derrek Lee (good all-around 1B)
2B - Jeff Kent (Figgins will play here as well, but Kent is a solid 2B, cionsidering I got him late)
3B - A-Rod (#1 Pick - Probably the top player in Roto)
SS - Michael Young (Furcal will get PT too, but Young is better all-around)
OF - Barry Bonds (I'm shocked he fell this far and I just won walks lol plus he really helps batting average and HR's)
OF Carl Crawford (Can steal 50-60 and a rising star)
OF Chone Figgins (will have his time at UT and the bench, but I need another steals guy starting right now)
UT - Hank Blaylock (Great bat)
UT - Richie Sexson (Big power hitter - Dunn is there in case he gets hurt again)
Bench - Adam Dunn (Power)
Bench - Rafael Furcal (Speed)

SP - Mark Prior (if he's healthy, he's an ace)
SP - Roy Oswalt (won 20 last year)
SP - Tim Hudson (Consistent, reliable, talented)
RP - Eric Gagne (Trying to win saves with him as my main closer even though he's a little banged up w/knee)
RP - Brad Lidge (Rising star closer who can dominate)
P - Mark Mulder (Another very solid pitcher who adds depth)
P - Dan Kolb (Making sure I win saves, and he can get 40 in ATL)
P - Juan Rincon (Everything but saves, and will start for me almsot every day so I'll have more active pitchers)
Bench - Brad Radke (A good back-of-the-rotation starter)
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jeff926 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:05 pm

nice team, very good... i love the figgins part, he will be really good this year. you could have gotten better starters, but your relievers will NOT be touched this year
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Purple Haze » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:19 pm

Yep..Your right..extremely hard to judge with so few teams.. Nevertheless..Like you said, You should dominate this league, unless you make some really, really mad moves... It's free so it should be a lot of fun..Good Luck to ya! ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Victor » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:17 pm

Like the above posters said, it's tough to figure out how good your team is when there's only five opponents. You were smart to wait for Varitek at the end (catchers are usually not that helpful). You have good studs at ech IF position. I like your OF, especially when you put in Dunn over Figgins.

The starters are phenomenal! Your closers are awesome, and I'd consider making guys like Kolb and Rincon trade bait: you can probably win saves with the other two guys alone.

Thanks for looking at my post.
Victor
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BCGrindrod » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:20 pm

5 teams???

Wow...

That's the type of roster that would pretty much guarantee a playoff spot if not 1st place in a 12 team league.

You practically have an All-Star Team of hitters so I gather that one if not two GMs have the type of pitching staff that are going to be future hall of famers.

Just be on the lookout for great waiver wire material that you can ride while they are hot and drop them the moment they are not.
BCGrindrod
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby blade68 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:17 pm

5 teams wow! I have never seen that one before. I would really like to see how the other 4 stacked up. Without seeing them, I would say you have a kick butt team. You should kill them in SB.
blade68
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team